Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 07:37 AM

Default Re: Sexiness?

1) Lagishness is not a word.

2) It doesn't matter what they put me on if they never call. Two people checked behind me on that board. The SB, as I said, has a huge range, one that I expect to be ahead of a lot, and when I'm not I have quite a few outs. Once in a while he has some kind of sick two pair + nut heart hand and I'm drawing almost dead but against his range getting 2.25:1 on setting him all in I feel it's the best play when you have a good gestalt as I had at this table. There are also quite a few made hands (mostly two pair) that I would hit on this turn.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

2) It doesn't matter what they put me on if they never call

[/ QUOTE ]

But your FE is precisely dependant on what they do put you on, especially as none of your backup draws are to the nuts. Of course if you're playing with idiots who both can't read hands and also fold too much then it doesn't matter.

You should realize as well that FE also depends on the 2 players yet to act behind you, and one of whom may well have checked a set on a draw heavy board on the flop. Your play works best when you are in last position.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:11 PM

Well yes they generally are idiots who don't go beyond first level thinking in most regards. No party player is ever checking a set behind on the flop on a draw heavy board, and if they are that scared they are as likely to fold it on the turn as they are to check the flop. The two players have acted; on the flop. I raise alot and subsequently check a lot of flops. No players on party are checking behind that flop with a strong hand. My only concern is if someone else turns a really big draw and decides to play for stacks with it.

In the end my queens held up as his QT and two garbage hearts missed.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't matter what they put me on if they never call.

[/ QUOTE ]

so many ppl dont realize that... pretty stnd imo
Old 02-21-2007, 09:08 AM

some of the best bluffs are where you dont represent anyting at all but you know youre opponent still is going to have a very tough time calling you.