Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: Help me totally change my eating habits... PLEASE.

I have recently started to eat more healthy, and I dont like hardly any vegetables. It took me a few days to do this but eventually the taste wasnt too bad - V8. It's supposed to be 2 vegetable servings in a 12 oz. I got a 64oz jug of it at Wal-Mart for around 3 bucks. I drink one in the morning and one for lunch. I try to get it over with as quick as possible, but it's alot better than cooking up some frozen vegetables and having to actually eat and taste it for over ten minutes. My usual breakfast has consisted of one of those, alot of scrambled egg whites w/ green peppers that are already in the carton, a banana, and some OJ.

Stay away from pretty much anything in a box like Pastaroni. I dont remember exactly but I would bet it has about 100% DV of sodium in the entire box. Just think about it realistically - stay away from fast food and crappy processed foods.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have recently started to eat more healthy, and I dont like hardly any vegetables. It took me a few days to do this but eventually the taste wasnt too bad - V8. It's supposed to be 2 vegetable servings in a 12 oz. I got a 64oz jug of it at Wal-Mart for around 3 bucks. I drink one in the morning and one for lunch. I try to get it over with as quick as possible, but it's alot better than cooking up some frozen vegetables and having to actually eat and taste it for over ten minutes. My usual breakfast has consisted of one of those, alot of scrambled egg whites w/ green peppers that are already in the carton, a banana, and some OJ.

Stay away from pretty much anything in a box like Pastaroni. I dont remember exactly but I would bet it has about 100% DV of sodium in the entire box. Just think about it realistically - stay away from fast food and crappy processed foods.

[/ QUOTE ]
What an ironic post. V8 has a crapton of sodium... more than 50% of your daily value in one can IIRC.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:35 AM

8oz has 20% DV so you do the math. You can also buy low sodium V8.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:45 AM

Ok fair enough. Pastaroni comes in low sodium too :P
Old 01-21-2007, 01:39 PM

A blender can be helpful. I buy bags of frozen strawberries, blueberries, etc. from Costco and keep bananas and nonfat yogurt and soy protein powder (from Trader Joes) on hand and throw in whatever else I have in the fridge.

I've also just started trying out different recipes in a rice cooker. Toss in rice and vegetables and various seasonings, press a button, and you're there.

Crockpots are also cool if you're into soups/stew/curry.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:48 PM

Soy is bad, go with whey/casien etc. Increase your good fat intake, fish oil, olive oil, etc, decrease your bad fast food fats, yellow fat good, white fat bad, try to get beef that only has yellow fat (grass not corn fed).
Old 01-21-2007, 07:02 PM

Cholesterol is found in foods of animal origin only, such as egg yolks, meat, some shellfish and whole-milk dairy products. So what you need to do is eat fewer foods of animal origin, and more plant foods such as vegetables, fruits, and grains.

Always have vegetables on hand in the fridge. Throw together mixed veggies with some lean chicken breast strips and make a quick and easy chinese stir-fry. Grill boneless white fish fillets with garlic and oregano, and serve with a nice green salad. Make hearty vegetable soups. Prepare a vegetable frittata using all egg whites and one egg yolk.

The main thing to remember is to avoid eating butter, cream, whole-fat milk, whole-fat cheese, and egg yolks, and use instead olive oil (which is of plant orgin, therefore cholesterol-free), reduced-fat milk, reduced-fat cheese, and egg whites (which are cholesterol-free).