Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2006, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Where Am I here??

[ QUOTE ]
What confuses me is what hand is he checking behind on this flop with, but pushing the turn with?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmmmmmmmmm.......
I've got this dreaded in my belly feeling of the set of tens. The turn card added to his flush and straight fear, so he got his chips out there. If you'd already caught, then his damage is not life-threatening, and if you hadn't he's ending it here. Tough fold...
Old 06-15-2006, 09:54 PM

Sorry... I had missed the turn card. The odds I gave are on the flop.

The Qh may have changed something, and there are even more draws now (with only one card to come though). It increases the odds that a bad player is overplaying a draw or a weaker made hand (QT for example). It now requires calculation in my opinion.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:25 AM

his raise is not really an overbet, there is 700 in the pot after heros bet and hero only has 1350 left so it's only a bit more than a pot raise. The read is he cbets most flops which always makes me suspicious when the player suddenly checks. looks sort of like a set, maybe AJ. QJ seemms unlikely since he probably bets the flop with an open ender. It's also possible he slowplayed AA, AK, KT etc or or picked up a draw on the turn. You are getting about 1,7:1 plus you have a few outs if you are beat, I think you need to have the best hand about 1/3 of the time to make the call. I probably call but I'm not happy about it.

I also think you should bet more on the turn, 1/2 pot on that board just doesn't look right to me, I probably pot it. checking the flop with the intention of raising is definetly the right idea with you read and preflop call fine as well.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I also think you should bet more on the turn, 1/2 pot on that board just doesn't look right to me, I probably pot it. checking the flop with the intention of raising is definetly the right idea with you read and preflop call fine as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Anyone else think that this bet size on the turn is too small? Now that you bring this up, I guess theres something to be said about a 1/2 pot bet possibly provocking a bluff here. I guess a 3/4 pot will block a higher % of bluffs, but will also commit me to the hand (which at the time wasnt a bad thing, it wasnt until he pushed the turn that I said, Uhoh...wait a minute)
I guess, based on this thought process, Im better off with the 1/2 pot bet. If I decide that I am calling if he pushes, then why not provoke a bluff that I might not be able to if I bet 3/4-pot.
-LL