Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2006, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Roller/Ice Hockey.... beginning Q\'s

the goalie is always the worst skater on the team. Someone once said the goalie is always the best skater on the team and people believed it for some strange reason. A goalie doesn't skate, he needs to be able to move laterally and get up quickly, but he doesn't need to skate as well as the other players on the team and he never does
Old 05-26-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Roller/Ice Hockey.... beginning Q\'s

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but I live in NorCal. There's a lot of roller hockey close by, but I would have to travel a bit for ice hockey *I think*. I know there's an ice junior league in my hometown... I'll have to see if there's an adult one too.

And yea, I just looked at like the first google hit for goalie equipment and it was 1k for the pads and 200 for the blocker/glove. Hmm...

[/ QUOTE ]
Ice hockey boomed in california in the late 90's. It shouldn't be that hard to find a rink.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a rink, but all they offer is just a weekday pick-up game. This is also 45 minutes away. There's an inline hockey place that offers hockey like 5 out of the 7 days and has 4 different skill level leagues which is like 15 minutes away.

I would rather play ice than inline, just seems a lot better. However, there's not a whole lot of close options. Everything is in the bay area.