Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 04:24 AM

Default Re: ***Official November Chat Thread: The Golden Duck***

Nice graph coordi.

I just had a -5.5 buy-in night at 100NL [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] This is by far my worst downswing, as I'm down about $625 this month. I didn't play great tonight, but 55 < 99 on a 9257 board for a $320 pot doesn't help. I'm pretty sure tonight was the time I have taken the most beats in a row in my life (either coolers, or getting drawn out by standard draws). I had KK<AA, the set over set mentioned, etc. I won the small pots and lost the big ones. I don't want to bore anyone with HH's, but bleeeeeeehhh.

I'm pretty sure I am a winning overall player at 100NL, even though it might be only for a few ptbb/100. I'm running in the green over my first 10k hands there, but not by much [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I completely understand this is a tiny sample size that most grinders play in 2-4 days, so it isn't something to get super-stressed about, but it still blows... I think I'm going to grind some 50NL for a few sessions and get my confidence back and get back to 100NL by the end of the week if all goes well. I know I can beat 50NL (4.6ptbb/100 over 25k hands - yeah its a decent sample, but not humungous), so hopefully that can boost me back up. I was up 7-8 BIs at 100NL going back to last month, but the past few weeks have been downers. I'm not a very high volume player, so I'm suprised these swings aren't affecting me more, but I guess that is a good thing - being a bankroll nit helps [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

/rant
Old 11-19-2007, 04:27 AM

Fun graph since the end of the summer when I started playing cash, I guess I can call this a 15k breakeven stretch [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2007, 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just had a -5.5 buy-in night at 100NL This is by far my worst downswing, as I'm down about $625 this month

[/ QUOTE ]

do you want the bad news now, or in a couple days?
Old 11-19-2007, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fun graph since the end of the summer when I started playing cash, I guess I can call this a 15k breakeven stretch [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Play more hands/tables [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2007, 04:31 AM

Illini43, this month alone at NL100, I have had four 8+ buyin downswings. You just got to learn to look at the big picture, but yea sometimes its tough when you aren't a high volume player, the swings can really seem worse then they are, hang in there.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:34 AM

rdrr,

Theres a thing called college that gets in the way [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I also only have a laptop and 8-table with overlap, as I'm not comfortable playing with my screen anymore crowded than it is. If I make a little money, I will eventually invest in a desktop, but I really don't need one for school - when I graduate and move on I will look into it (currently a junior).

bottomset,

I hope it doesn't get worse on this downswing, hopefully that one comes later [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

At least I have a goal to grind out more hands now for the rest of the month. I was hoping to put in a 2k hand month at 100NL to try and get Platinum for the first time, but now with mixing in some more 50NL, I should be playing mo and mo.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Illini43, this month alone at NL100, I have had four 8+ buyin downswings. You just got to learn to look at the big picture, but yea sometimes its tough when you aren't a high volume player, the swings can really seem worse then they are, hang in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I understand that some day my current graph will be a small blip on a much larger one - I'm pretty sure thats the reason I'm not really pissed off at all right now, even though some moron has my money and is donating to the rest of you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2007, 04:39 AM

prodigy - if it means anything (i'm a bad 100 NL player)

85 3 of a kind +1208 - 70.59% won $@SD%...
Old 11-19-2007, 04:45 AM

over my last 9.9K hands (12th-now)

lawlz. feel betta Prod?
Old 11-19-2007, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just had a -5.5 buy-in night at 100NL This is by far my worst downswing, as I'm down about $625 this month

[/ QUOTE ]

do you want the bad news now, or in a couple days?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on your style, I guess. One of the FTP nits told me he was going through a "horrific" three buy-in downswing. When I laughed, he said, "That's a big swing for me."
Closed Thread