Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 10:24 AM

Default Diamond lils 20-40 hand

9 handed very loose passive game. villan is a woman whos stuck about 2000 and is passive and pretty tilted. She limps in with hands like 99 and AQs in ep/mp, and at this point is playing any ace and any suited 2. Her line on me is im a asian who maxs draws/fish.

Folded around to her OTB and she raises.
SB (mega fish ultra loose, but running very good that night) calls
I 3 bet from the BB with AK

flop: 7 2 A rainbow

SB check, I bet, villan raises. I put her on the ace, i actualy felt she was strong here atleast AT.

SB cold calls , i put her on maybe crushing me (A7-22) but planned to check raise the turn if she didnt do anything on the turn.

Turn Jack. i check, villan bets, SB just calls, i raise, only villan calls.

River Q. I check, she bets with high confidence.
Old 09-04-2007, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Diamond lils 20-40 hand

vomit and call. but, tbh, i think bet-folding here is the right play. she could have any ace, and she'll obviously be paying you off. you say she's passive, so she may very well check behind a weak ace.

and no, i'm not contradicting myself. the pot is too big to fold here and she will bet a random bs hand/a weak ace some percentage of the time, esp. given your image.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:20 AM

First of all, you should be 3-betting this flop. You have no guarantee that A) button will bet the turn, or B) SB will put more bets in if she does. With position you can sometimes call to raise the turn, but out of position you need to make sure your opponents don't take free cards.

The turn and river cards are both very bad, but your play is much easier if you're in the lead. Bet the turn, and if raised you can fold. Bet the river, and if raised you can fold. (This is specifically against the passive lady.)

You should bet the river, because AT, A9, etc will call but might not bet themselves, and check-folding sucks. (Check-calling is much worse than bet-folding, so that's not really an option.)
Old 09-04-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
(Check-calling is much worse than bet-folding, so that's not really an option.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Its costs you the same 1 bet but you don't get bluffed. No?
Granted, she's much more likely to call than to bet a weaker Ace, but being on tilt with her opinion of OP she may think her weak Ace is good and raise.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:32 PM

Call and let her flip AQ then vomit and hit the cage.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:45 PM

3-bet flop. Bet out on turn.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:31 PM

Um - 3 bet the flop. People don't fold top pair here and you don't want her to check the turn if she is somewhat passive. Plus the way you play you lose the maximum when someone does have a strong hand.

As you did play, why check the river? Bet - she will call with worse hands and (based on the turn action) probably won't raise if she has a better one unless it's a monster (in which case you can prob fold since she likely doesn't make moves). Why let her check behind a worse ace or other worse hand?

Jeff
Old 09-04-2007, 09:31 PM

i check folded river [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 09-05-2007, 02:49 AM

although 3-betting the flop in this situation is standard for me, i don't mind hero's flop/turn plan. his description of the button makes me think she'll have an A here pretty much every time and no way is she checking behind on the turn with an A. however, if you 3-bet the flop she sounds like the player who will go into automatic call down mode with a worse hand and will only 4-bet you with a better hand. as for the 'mega fish ultra loose' sb, with this dry of a flop i can't imagine what he'd call two cold with on the flop only to fold to button's bet on the turn.
Old 09-06-2007, 12:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
woman whos stuck about 2000 and is passive and pretty tilted
she bets with high confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like this woman was very readable and didn't have much emotional control. Although in addition to making her very easy to read it also makes her more likely to make stupid bluffs which is why everyone says Check-fold is out of the question.
I don't think check-fold it out of the question if you are confident enough about your read.

The pot has 12.5BB so she needs to be bluffing less than 7.4% to make folding correct.