Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 09:50 PM

Default Re: Trip Report: Hollywood Park and The Bike

What's with the free food at the Bike. I was there last weekend and the food was reasonably priced but not free.

Collected hours for my players card. Is that how you cash in?

Sat next to the most negative old guy on earth in the $3/6 omaha h/l game. Every dealer he told that there was not one good dealer in the place and that he was the best dealer in southern cal.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:06 PM

If you play for at least 3 hours in the 6/12 or above games, you can use your card to print a free meal voucher (or the floorman will do it for you). Probably don't get it at the 3/6 tables though.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:53 AM

Free food in the top section, 20/40 limit and above 100NL (2/3 blinds) and above.

For the lower games including any of the 1/2 its 3 or 4 scans in a day and you can order free food off the players menu. Just go to the kiosk near the dealers cashier and print out a food voucher.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's with the free food at the Bike. I was there last weekend and the food was reasonably priced but not free.

Collected hours for my players card. Is that how you cash in?

Sat next to the most negative old guy on earth in the $3/6 omaha h/l game. Every dealer he told that there was not one good dealer in the place and that he was the best dealer in southern cal.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few weeks ago after finishing up in NL I took a seat in the 6/12 Omaha game just to relive the experience for the first time in years of sitting at a table where I was the youngest player. Meanwhile I'm getting solicitations from AARP [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

~ Rick
Old 06-08-2007, 10:47 AM

Nice report. Glad you didn't "fear for your life" while at HP like some posters outrageously claim on these boards. Sounds like you went at sub-optimal times/got poorer tables but looks like you made the best of it!
Old 06-08-2007, 11:07 AM

One more thing I wanted to note. I didn't notice this at HP but it seemed to be a point of emphasis for the Bike dealers--they keep the action moving! If a player paused for more than five or so seconds with the action on them, the dealer would prompt him. I saw several players ask for time after just a couple seconds. In AC, action can and will slow to a crawl with little remedy likely coming from the dealer.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Free food in the top section, 20/40 limit and above 100NL (2/3 blinds) and above.

For the lower games including any of the 1/2 its 3 or 4 scans in a day and you can order free food off the players menu. Just go to the kiosk near the dealers cashier and print out a food voucher.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm *fairly* certain that free food can be had in the 6/12 limit games and up, not just the 20/40 and up, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

- T
Old 06-08-2007, 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice report. Glad you didn't "fear for your life" while at HP like some posters outrageously claim on these boards. Sounds like you went at sub-optimal times/got poorer tables but looks like you made the best of it!

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. HP is ghetto and it can be miserable, but it's not really dangerous. Use common sense and you'll be fine.

Best adjective to describe it is profitable, really.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:26 PM

I know that you can order from the comp menu after 3 hours in the 6/12 games. Make sure you get the comp menu though, not the regular menu. Still a lot of choices though, and the Kung Pow chicken is great. Even comes with a dessert!

Rob
Old 06-08-2007, 01:39 PM

"it has a certain charm that's hard to pinpoint"

How about Arnetta? She cracks me up.

Also, when it's slow, floorpeople will take drink orders rather than just call for cocktails, and otherwise do a lot more than most places.

But HG has at least as much charm and is closer [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]