Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 11-25-2007, 09:25 AM

Default NL25 -- JTs line check please?

I've only played 14 hands with Villain (65/0/0.4) and probably even less at the time of this one.

UTG+1 ($24.50)
UTG+2 ($17.55)
MP1 ($7.05)
MP2 ($29.40)
CO ($37.95)
Hero ($24)
SB ($25.60)
BB ($2.50)
UTG ($7.30)

ANTES/BLINDS
SB posts blind ($0.15), BB posts blind ($0.25), UTG+2 posts blind ($0.25).

PRE-FLOP : Hero has J T
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 checks, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25, CO folds, Hero bets $1.50 , SB folds, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $1.25.

FLOP: 3 9 6 <font color="green">($3.75) </font>
MP2 checks, Hero bets $2.50, MP2 calls $2.50.

TURN: 4 <font color="green">($8.75) </font>

MP2 bets $2, Hero calls $2.

RIVER: A <font color="green">($12.75) </font>

MP2 checks, Hero bets $10...
Old 11-25-2007, 09:29 AM

Default Re: NL25 -- JTs line check please?

pf/flop/turn: I like it. Bet less on the river. You are representing Aces up, he canīt call without A. Make it look weak, maybe 4,75 or 5,25 ? If he has a strong hand, he will let you know.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:45 AM

Raise PF is fine even tough i like to raise with diferent hands since JTs are good in multi-way-pots. what is MP2 calling with though? Draw, Pair in the hole or a 9? slowplaying a set? īThat being said, like the call since we get odds to chase and donīt risk geting reraised AI with 75 or a set. If you are going to bet big on the river you might as well push, if he thinks you are bluffing he is as likly to call the push as the 10$ bet. Otherwise valuebet around 1/2 the pot
Old 11-25-2007, 07:44 PM

Limp or raise less (to $.75 or $1) preflop. I'd rather have all the limpers call than isolate just one with a big raise. The idea would be to have a nice, multi-way pot on the button and JTs with which to flop or turn a big hand and get one of those limpers to stack off with their set or 2-pair.

As played, your line looks fine given the stack sizes. With deeper stacks, I'd make a 3/4-pot raise on the turn if (and only if) it left me a pot-sized push on the river (that I may or may not make depending on what it is, and whether villain checks or bets). In this hand, any kind of meaningful raise leaves the effective stacks way below a pot-sized bet on the river which reduces any fold equity there that you might have if you need it and choose to use it on a blank river.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:19 PM

PF: I prefer to see a cheap flop with large implied odds. This can include raising if the players will call and the raise is small compared to the stack size.

Turn: likes his hand enough to buy a cheap river, but is scared. Might be a pair you can force him to fold, but it might also be a higher FD that will call. Still yet, It might be a SD/lower FD/pair in which you can both make your hands, paying you off, or no draw may complete, but you can take it away IP. In all, he's probably got a pair of 9s and you have drawing odds so the call is good.

River: At first I thought suckbet, but opponent is playing as though he had a medium pair or overcards or missed draw. He'll call $10 or $5 with similar frequencies when holding the ace, but will likely fold to any bet a weak pair or failed SD.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Limp or raise less (to $.75 or $1) preflop. I'd rather have all the limpers call than isolate just one with a big raise. The idea would be to have a nice, multi-way pot on the button and JTs with which to flop or turn a big hand and get one of those limpers to stack off with their set or 2-pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Massively exploitable. The idea is to take down a bunch of pots preflop, with c-bets, and with three-betting all-in on combo draws.