Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 01:37 AM

Default NL 25: Proper Shove?

I figure with 2nd ace showing up he probably does not have an ace and my tens will be best.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $9.60
UTG+1: $14.95
UTG+2: $23.75
MP1: $25.35
Hero (MP2): $28.05
CO: $16.80
BTN: $12.05
SB: $9.75
BB: $9.85

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (MP2)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1</font>, 3 folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $1.50</font>, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $2.25</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $25.55 and is All-In</font>, BB calls $5.10 and is All-In
Old 11-30-2007, 02:04 AM

Default Re: NL 25: Proper Shove?

Prob never a good spot to shove. Sure its less likely, but he bet again on the turn there are like a millon hands that beat you and you have like 0 fold equity when the villan bets the turn. If you want to raise the donk bet on the flop fine, never call it. You should have been done with the hand on the flop.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:08 AM

I'd fold the flop. Such a horrid board to call the $1.50 with the liklihood of villain having an A, or be on the flush or straight draws. Fold and wait for a better spot where you know where you are.

As played I'd fold the turn as there is a good chance that he has the ace here.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:52 AM

Calling the flop is bad IMO because villain is unknown and you don't know how he playing draws, sets and what his donkbets means. By calling you can't get any extra information and still you are in the dark. If he has air, then turn card is ideal card for him to keep bluffing, if he had ace he slowed down a little bit, if he had flush/straight draw he slowed down again to get cheap river card, if he had set and he protects his hand on the flop then now his set turned to full house and he starts "milking" etc. How you can say: "I figure with 2nd ace showing up he probably does not have an ace and my tens will be best.". This ace on the turn didn't change anything - if you were ahead, then you are still ahead, if you were behind, then you are still behind.

To avoid such complicated and tough situation raise or fold the flop. I would raise because folding looks weak to me and I don't believe them, yet. Also with raising I can get little extra information what I can use later against him. Donkbet means bluff/draw etc.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:14 AM

Either fold flop or raise it if you think he does not have an A and you can win the pot right there. No sense in floating there.
Don't like your shove cause he donked the flop after calling your raise in the BB, meaning he has a wide range there, he could easily have 77,66, A7, A6 or any other Ax, so I don't think you're ahead here often after he 2nd barreled the turn plus I don't think you have a lot of FE...