Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Getting levelled in 3 bet pot

[ QUOTE ]
For reference, this is an example of what i'm talking about. Villain is 16/13, and a 2+2er (obviously different because its not BoB, but villain knows my stats and 3 bet tendencies).

Party Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP: $100
CO: $98.32
BTN: $94.13
Hero (SB): $101.38
BB: $118.92
UTG: $60.05

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $4</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14</font>, BB folds, MP calls $10

Flop: ($29) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $21.50</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $86 and is All-In</font>, Hero folds

Results: $72 Pot

MP shows 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], a pair of Twos.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that he showed leads me to believe he does this VERY VERY rarely.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For reference, this is an example of what i'm talking about. Villain is 16/13, and a 2+2er (obviously different because its not BoB, but villain knows my stats and 3 bet tendencies).

Party Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP: $100
CO: $98.32
BTN: $94.13
Hero (SB): $101.38
BB: $118.92
UTG: $60.05

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $4</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14</font>, BB folds, MP calls $10

Flop: ($29) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $21.50</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $86 and is All-In</font>, Hero folds

Results: $72 Pot

MP shows 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], a pair of Twos.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that he showed leads me to believe he does this VERY VERY rarely.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he actually showed because of the chat that preceded the fold. When he PM'd me later, he told me that he thought i'd folded JJ. Seen as he should definitely recognise the hand, maybe he can elaborate on his frequencies, because i'm not certain, but i'm pretty sure he does this a fair amount of the time.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:56 PM

yeah thats a good idea post your bluffing frequencies in 3b pots on 2p2 to help the ppl you play against

lulz
Old 11-23-2007, 09:57 PM

Except people don't know his Party name.....
Old 11-23-2007, 10:07 PM

This post from Krantz's well is the inspiration for this thread. I've been thinking about it a lot because its very relevant to todays Party games.

[ QUOTE ]

here's an example for you. TAG 3-bets me and I have XY. I know/believe they're 3-betting light and I call. I flop a gutshot, they c-bet, and I shove. Uh oh, I run into AA. He wins a stack. Or, I call with XY, shove with air and run into a set. Spewing money, yes? Of course. But for one, they WILL fold on lots of occasions, and occasionally fold the best hand, to START, and secondly, if they see me shoving with nothing, they're going to have to bet/call with the bulk of their range in the future, no? Like 99 on a J high flop or even QQ on an A high flop? Which means that if I adjust well enough, I can start getting AI with JT on that J high flop or A5s on that A high flop, whereas if normal considerations were in effect, I'd be calling and hoping to check it down. Another consideration: TAG sees me calling his 3-bets with whatever I opened with. He now feels that he needs to continue to 3-bet me light because his hand preflop is perceived to be better than mine preflop, with no plans for how to play me OOP in a bloated pot postflop. Which leads to people bet/calling AT on QQ4 flops against me when I shove 66.

A little rambly, but it's all part of a larger gameplan. And it can be really high variance and result in massive downswings if I'm not paying a lot of attention.

Same goes for OOP play - you're sure a guy 3-bets light, so instead of 4-betting, you decide to call and c/r AI any decent-looking flop, knowing that they c-bet 100% of the time and will have to fold many, many of the hands they've reraised with.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-23-2007, 10:15 PM

this is never a call. youre either flipping or losing. this is very rarely total air. you should check behind this flop some too
Old 11-23-2007, 10:17 PM

snappppppp callllllllllllllllm you have AK
Old 11-23-2007, 10:18 PM

Krantz theory applies to highstakes, at ssnl with such a large player pool this type of thinking is suicide imo
Old 11-23-2007, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Krantz theory applies to highstakes, at ssnl with such a large player pool this type of thinking is suicide imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Also most SSNL people dont have the balls to make a lot of the thinner calls, or if they do its in the completely wrong spot.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The player pool of good regulars at Party is pretty small (probably because they move up so quick), and this really only happens against somebody you have a read on.