Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 11-08-2007, 06:26 PM

Default Re: sicko bluff in 100r (didnt work not a brag post)

every1 acts like the min raise is like the worst thing in the world without actually analyzing it i think it has a lot of advantages used in the right situation.1st of all i like to be deep but not too deep i need to be deep enough so i can play flops because thats what the min raising is about more postflop play also i dont wanna be too deep because i have no fold equity and u also cant have fold much equity at like 50/100 when blinds are 75/150 or above u have decent FE.ok now heres the advantages of it.it allows me to play more hands because its cheaper to enter a pot for a raise,allows for more postflop play and deeper postflop play,makes me harder to read because my range is wider,often times people make horrible calls out of BB and u get to play HU with them in pos vs their horrible hands where if u 3x they fold,also their is the compounding effect of losing less whenever u lose a pot i know this works both ways but u i lose more pots than i win with my loose style and it really adds up. also i dont like to do it at really tough tables because my advantage postflop isnt to much.im probably forgetting other things if i remember ill add them.
Old 11-08-2007, 06:47 PM

lol, don't bluff crzysavage. he's a nit, he's gonna show up with the nuts here everytime.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:07 PM

so far nobody has commented OTR anyone c/f here after this guy snap calls in squeeze position OTT?
Old 11-08-2007, 08:07 PM

I think the minraise hurts you a lot when trying a bluff. Your play is unconventional, which means that your oppenents are more likely to look you up, since they don't know what you are doing. They may suspect you have AA, but they won't be very confident about it. On the other hand, if you had raised 3xbb and played everything else the same, your bluff would have been much more convincing -- it just would have looked like a standard AK play.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:12 PM

its not a min raise i made it 4800 guy made it 2k
Old 11-08-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its not a min raise i made it 4800 guy made it 2k

[/ QUOTE ] I was referring to the preflop minraise.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:52 AM

gg
Old 11-09-2007, 03:07 AM

aaaaaaaaaa,

The thing is that nobody is going to fold QK when your line makes absolutely no sense for any kind of reasonable hand.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
every1 acts like the min raise is like the worst thing in the world without actually analyzing it i think it has a lot of advantages used in the right situation.1st of all i like to be deep but not too deep i need to be deep enough so i can play flops because thats what the min raising is about more postflop play also i dont wanna be too deep because i have no fold equity and u also cant have fold much equity at like 50/100 when blinds are 75/150 or above u have decent FE.ok now heres the advantages of it.it allows me to play more hands because its cheaper to enter a pot for a raise,allows for more postflop play and deeper postflop play,makes me harder to read because my range is wider,often times people make horrible calls out of BB and u get to play HU with them in pos vs their horrible hands where if u 3x they fold,also their is the compounding effect of losing less whenever u lose a pot i know this works both ways but u i lose more pots than i win with my loose style and it really adds up. also i dont like to do it at really tough tables because my advantage postflop isnt to much.im probably forgetting other things if i remember ill add them.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what your saying is that you min raise in EP with a hand you want to see a flop with...

Where's the deception in this? That is exactly what I think when I see someone min-raise in EP. Depending on how loose the player is I'm thinking its hands like mid pairs, and high broadways, useually less than AK...

Sometimes it AA, KK, QQ but not that often. And if you see people min-raising UTG a lot without a high pair you can confirm your read.

I see someone min-raise pre in EP alot, I will nearly always go after them on the flop, because if they indicate that they want to see a flop before committing more chips, it tells me that they will often miss the flop and therefor cant keep playing.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:35 AM

too bad mosnan didnt have KQ. thought he was gonna come along the slippery slide