Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

What nobody here elaborated on is this "financial dirt" they're afraid of uncovering if AJ was to go down. These empty box structures are set up so that nobody has to pay a dollar of taxes in a perfectly legit way, so I seriously doubt we're looking at some plain tax or skimming scam. Nat/Adanthar, any hints?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:56 PM

Damn. Looks like 2p2 got a second wind. lol

gg
Old 10-22-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If they have not I think it is a little bit disturbing. Is it possible that AP has dirt on other poker companies and they are afraid to come out with a stance against them? Or is it more likely that all the major sites just want this all to go away?

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than small time ops like Pokershare releasing anti-AP ads, what would you want, say, Stars to do here? Stars is unquestionably the public leader in integrity in this business. They also have a KGC license and aren't going to shoot themselves in the foot by bringing this up publicly when the next question they'll be asked is 'why do you have a KGC license?' To them, it's understandably better to keep their mouth shut.

Everyone else either also has a KGC license or a license from an outfit much worse than the KGC. The lone exception might be WSEX because the Antiguans, I hear, do have some kind of integrity verifying thing going on, but nobody cares about them or plays there so what's the point?

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the position that Poker Stars is taking (I wouldn't expect anything from FTP anyway) but I do not think it is a wise decision.

A top five poker site was caught blatantly cheating. The "oversite" committee is the same for that site and PStars. I understand if PS doesn't want to release a statement to all their players but I would at least expect some level of participation in these threads. Has anyone talked to their PS contacts?

They are walking a very fine line, silence could be seen by many as an admission that they have skeletons in their closet as well. Enron, Tyco et al. certainly weren't the only crooked companies on Wall Street, they're just the ones that got caught. Responsible Fortune 500 companies took efforts to analyze their internal processes and assauge their clients/shareholders concerns. I expect more from PS.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry but the only solution seems the be the end of absolute as a viable entity. Either we break them and send a message to the poker community or they win by staying open.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is indeed the message that needs to be sent. Everyone needs to spread the word to even the most casual player to NOT play Absolute and UB. We do not need more poker sites; just honest ones.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:17 PM

I first remember reading about this scandal about a month ago on pokertips.org "Weekly Shuffle", and I wondered at the time why no one else was talking about it. It remained on the back of my mind, slowly fading away, and it wasn’t until MSN.com briefly featured the story on its front page that I became “informed” of what had happened. I consider myself more than just a casual player, but if I hadn't visited MSN.com at that specific time, which eventually led me here, I would still be in the dark about this whole scandal.

If the majority of the poker-playing public is ever to become informed on this situation, it is up to the mainstream media to do so (I know MSN and Yahoo carried the story on their homepages, but only briefly) and the mainstream media outlet that should be leading in this front is ESPN. So far ESPN.com has reported on this scandal, but has kept it buried in their "ESPN Poker Club" section, which most people don’t visit. In order for the majority of the poker-playing public to ever become informed of the scandal, ESPN must feature this story on its homepage. ESPN has featured far less newsworthy poker stories on its homepage in the past, and to not do so here is unjustifiable.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:20 PM

Glad to see the PPA is leading the way in this fight. They finally have a statement up-from 2 days ago, where AP blames the "rogue programmer".

On the WPA front they have nothing. But as an interesting aside, when you go into their forums, Brandi Hawbacker is commenting in their "Ethics and Integrity" forum. I am not a member(I know, i OBV joined the wrong one) and you have to be one to read. Any member, please give me a laugh and start another thread.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:20 PM

I just deleted some files from my desktop. Before I did it I compared the old Nov. 2006 KGC Gaming Regulations with the new ones and I think this will still become an interesting matter. Why did they change their regulations? For example you cannot file a complaint with the Kahnawake Communal Arbitration Procedure any longer. Do you know why? I guess I know an answer.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Glad to see the PPA is leading the way in this fight. They finally have a statement up-from 2 days ago, where AP blames the "rogue programmer".

On the WPA front they have nothing. But as an interesting aside, when you go into their forums, Brandi Hawbacker is commenting in their "Ethics and Integrity" forum. I am not a member(I know, i OBV joined the wrong one) and you have to be one to read. Any member, please give me a laugh and start another thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please send PPA more money immediately so they can step up the fight.

<font color="white"> Lori</font>
Old 10-22-2007, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

- We can have organized teams that let AP players know about the scandal at the tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

- We can have organized teams of 2p2 pro's go in and clean out the low stakes games (which are really the only ones running anymore). Each pro should have '363' embedded in their names.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] LOL
Old 10-22-2007, 04:26 PM

This is interesting.

Someone with the username canaffco and with a pic saying canaffco.com is playing now.

Didnt the owner come on here and say he had nothing to do with AP? Im to lazy to find the post
Closed Thread