Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i read earlier that quebec authoraties are looking at this situation, and view the server farm as illeagal. if they decide to raid it, most of the online poker worlds severs are situated there... looking grim for online poker right now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
You can bet on the fact that each site has backup servers elsewhere. Access may be a bit slower, but they are there.

[/ QUOTE ]well then that means when this all comes out in the open "trusted" sights can distance themselves from kanawhake and therefore keep the trust and faith of the online poker world [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 10-22-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Basically, they are trying to make this fade away in a very controlled and managed fashion.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. The final outcome is yet to be determined. It's their move at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]
There's a few things we can do if AP doesn't go all the way with their disclosure.

- Harass AP affiliates, blacklist them, refuse to give business to anyone who deals with AP. Loss of affiliate traffic is definitely going to hurt AP.
- We can ask poker software makers (PT, PA, HM, PO) to remove AP support from their products.
- We can have organized teams that let AP players know about the scandal at the tables.
- We can push for more involvement of other poker sites, including pressure on KGC.
- We can get this in the media again if AP continues to feed us nonsense, and insiders are willing to release their information.
- We can talk to everyone we know about the scandal.

I'm sure there's more. That's just off the top of my head, and only includes the ethical side of things.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, there's a fair amount that can be done here. I have a number of resources at my disposal to get the word out in addition to the power of 2p2.

I am trying to be fair and give them some time to sort through the data. I know it's a PR ploy on their part in some ways, but I actually do believe that it takes decent amount of time to get through everything.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:32 PM

-We need a master list of all Absolute's customers' email addresses.

-We e-mail said customers links to all mainstream media articles on this scandal.

-Absolute is brought to their knees within 72 hours.

SOMNEBODY DO THE RIGHT THING AND LEAK THIS INFO.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
El D,

Do you notice the correlation between registration date on 2+2 and enthusiasm for getting AP banned from the entire world?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Engrish prease
Old 10-22-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
El D,

Do you notice the correlation between registration date on 2+2 and enthusiasm for getting AP banned from the entire world?

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Engrish prease

[/ QUOTE ]

She's lorifying the situation.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:50 PM

Nat,

The most likely scenario by far is that management and ownership of Absolute was aware and/or involved of this stuff going on. Yet, even after having the cheating pointed out, they continued to deny until proof was accidentally leaked.

They are obviously not going to admit that they are a completely dirty organization that has been systematically cheating their users for a long time. Given what is KNOWN to have been done by key members of the organization, followed by the web of lies they have spun to try and cover things up, anyone accepting their current explanations is a real sucker. It's also naive to think other forms of cheating/stealing have not occurred in the past.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To those who may think that the answer lies with the KGC yanking AP's license, consider that, if they do, we all might see how ineffectual that move might actually be. That would then damage KGC's credibility. That is why it will never happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point about the license seal. But remember that the Mohawks who control KGC could also kick Absolute out of the Montreal data center. That threat has real teeth, since it would knock Absolute offline while they scramble to find another host.

This is what I meant about the importance of driving a wedge between the interests of AP and Kahnawake.

-pyg
Old 10-22-2007, 02:54 PM

Are any of the respected poker sites distancing themselves from the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, which apparently has not revoked Absolute's license? If not, why not?

[ QUOTE ]
Not only will I no longer play poker at Absolute, I will no longer play online poker at any website. Which sucks for some of you, because I absolutely suck at poker. The fact that, in addition to perhaps being bested by better players, I may also have been subject to systematic cheating, is the last straw. Bye bye online poker, its been fun.

Fishy McDonk

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-22-2007, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
El D,

I guess it's something you have to see a few times.

Edit: That's not to say people should give up, just that those who have "seen it all before" likely haven't got the energy anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess we can ignore the fact that registration date often doesn't correlate with how long someone has been playing poker online or posting on this site.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Nat,

The most likely scenario by far is that management and ownership of Absolute was aware and/or involved of this stuff going on. Yet, even after having the cheating pointed out, they continued to deny until proof was accidentally leaked.

They are obviously not going to admit that they are a completely dirty organization that has been systematically cheating their users for a long time. Given what is KNOWN to have been done by key members of the organization, followed by the web of lies they have spun to try and cover things up, anyone accepting their current explanations is a real sucker. It's also naive to think other forms of cheating/stealing have not occurred in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]i imagine they all knew what each other was up to, but how does one "dobb" the boss in if doing so will lose you your very lucrative job. kanhawake seem to be there just to collect their payments and have/had no real intention or power to police the sites that they gave their laughable seal of approval to. the big two should be worrying a little about this association right now!! STARS/FULL TILT
Closed Thread