Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: My Sharkscope stats are off by:
Results, please 5 8.20%
0 % 35 57.38%
1-3 % 13 21.31%
4-6 % 2 3.28%
> 6 % 6 9.84%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 01:11 AM

Default Re: We haven\'t won yet: latest (10/19) cliff\'s notes on AP scandal

Guys - it is much easier to use a results based detection criteria for fixed limit hands. Even a short sample can be conclusive proof of anamolous play. For example, if you have a 100 hand sample of a player in your DB, and they are winning at several hundred BB/100 over that sample, it is extremely likely something fishy is going on (dumping or cheating). With NL, it is more difficult to draw these types of conclusions, because it could just be the result of several stackings. I am working on some scripts to detect anamolous patterns based on several derived parameters. I'm looking for some help from decent windows coders and stats guys.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just gonna repeat myself with regard to trying to implicate more people ITT:

hand histories or it didn't happen

(oh and I'll probably wind up banning the next guy to teach a lesson)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been reviewing the one hand history I have (10-10 100K) and that was where I got the name...if he's legit that's fine. FWIW I didn't notice anything that would suggest a superuser in the HH (other than a few hands on the player I mentioned that could be a coincidence) but of course it is much easier with a complete hand history than a partial one.

It seems much easier to use process of elimination in these HH's, using several different players history, I'll send you the one I have if you like.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Bad Beat Jackpot has just been hit at $151814.57

[/ QUOTE ]

WOOHOO!!! I lost quad Jacks to a Royal Flush made on the river! $49,339.73 payout.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:27 AM

If anyone out there reading is familiar with decompiling and has experience in decoding assembly, please get with me offline.

Also, if anyone out there has the old AP client files and hasn't signed on with it in a long time (pre-v8 update, preferably v7.1.5.0), please get with me offline.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If anyone out there reading is familiar with decompiling and has experience in decoding assembly, please get with me offline.

Also, if anyone out there has the old AP client files and hasn't signed on with it in a long time (pre-v8 update, preferably v7.1.5.0), please get with me offline.

[/ QUOTE ]

To what end? I might on my other machine.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an old laptop with AP on it that I haven't used in probably a year.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...I have v5.7.0
Old 10-20-2007, 03:10 AM

Thanks for all the help guys. I got what I what I was looking for, we don't need 75 more posts on what version everyone has.

I could still use someone proficient in assembly to collaborate, however.

And "offline" means a place where Costa Ricans can't see, donkeys.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:18 AM

There is an ugly story in the San Jose Mercury News

[ QUOTE ]
Sure, Buzz has gotten caught up in the poker craze. But we've never plunked down our online cash. Just old-world that way; never felt like we could trust things to be on the up-and-up.

Now we know why. As analyzed by the Freakonomics blog at nytimes.com, the site Absolute Poker is being investigated in Canada regarding a tournament in which a player didn't fold a hand pre-flop for 20 minutes, then suddenly folded pre-flop when his opponent had pocket kings. When he stayed in hands all the way through, it was with suspiciously weak cards that were somehow good enough.

Some of the player's opponents requested a log of the tournament, and when they got it, they discovered that an observer was watching all of the hands the player played. The observer's IP address was traced to Absolute Poker and one of its owners. The implication is that somebody was looking at all players' hole cards.

So, if the illegality of playing doesn't sway anyone, this should.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-20-2007, 03:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for all the help guys. I got what I what I was looking for, we don't need 75 more posts on what version everyone has.

I could still use someone proficient in assembly to collaborate, however.

And "offline" means a place where Costa Ricans can't see, donkeys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I took assembly classes in university ( 3 years ago). Wish it was more current because I just remember how annoying it was.
Closed Thread