Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 01:48 AM

Default Turned Aces Up, .25/.50

Hero's image is...well, the same as Hero's image usually is. I'm playing prolly way too loose & enjoying my typical high variance ride up and down the chip stack height scale. I'm riding a high & actually playing pretty tightly when this hand comes up.

<u>The Cast</u>
Hero: Yours truly, UTG.
UTG+1: I have about 5 hands on him. This has been enough to determine that he's insanely loose &amp; dumb.
CO: Standard LP-A, playing around 40/1/1 over 50-ish hands. He's terribly predictable postflop, but that doesn't much matter in this hand (except maybe in explaining why Hero bets the flop).
Button: Predictable &amp; exploitable TAG, playing about 16/8/3 over 150. He's got the basics down, but I don't think he's really moved on to putting opponents on hands yet.
BB: Probably using a preflop starting hands chart religiously, but seems fairly clueless at times postflop. Cannot fold a big starting pair to save his life. 20/9/1 over 250.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.25/$0.5
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Harv is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Harv raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (10.4SB, 5 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Harv bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds, BB calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.7BB, 3 players)
BB checks, Harv...?

Hero's plan on the flop was to give up immediately to a raise from any of these guys (unless of course he wound up getting proper odds to chase a 2 outer), and to check/fold the turn UI if he got more than 1 caller. Does "improving" to aces up count enough to continue? And if so, what's our line/intention?
Old 11-16-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: Turned Aces Up, .25/.50

i bet and fold to a raise from either player.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:58 AM

I think you just bet it. It gives you a chance to get it HU, I'm "happy" to fold to a raise.

If I get it HU, I probably check-behind the river.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:20 AM

Funny hand title, was expecting something else. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Well, not much has changed on the turn. You are in the same situation as on the flop. The opponents haven't let you know yet that somebody has an Ace. Keep on betting and fold quickly to a raise. Just look at it from the perspective of a value bet, there are many worse hands that keep calling.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:47 AM

With this flop i think you have to check fold. If the board were more coordinated, like:
A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
then you have to bet/fold the turn.

River play depends if you are heads up or not, and in what position.

1) Say the draws miss and we are 3 handed on the river, I'd say bet/fold, because if you check and UTG+1 bets you could get blasted out of the pot by a BB checkraise.

2) Say the draws miss and youre heads up with UTG+1. I check/call to induce a bluff from his missed draw, or to avoid being raised when I have a hand I intend to show down.

3) Say the draws miss and youre heads up with BB. I check behind or call if he bets.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:56 AM

Bella,

Something has changed. It's less likely that the villains have an ace, and he's pulled ahead of the unlikely and mighty 32o.

I bet this against all but the best players.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:32 AM

Gotta bet this turn. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 09:22 AM

I bet the turn and fold to a raise. I would do this anyway, but I especially do it against these two opponents, who are known to not be that good. If somebody picks this particular moment to bluff-raise a preflop raisers on an AAxy board, good for him.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:42 AM

I also play .25/.50 @ FTP and run into this situation quite a few times.

I usually bet all streets and get called but raised very seldom (sort of an exaggeration) and when at SD the Villain turn over the A.

Since no resistance has been shown, I cannot see how anyone can fold in not raised. I just keep on betting.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:14 AM

bet again. BB has 44 and uTG+1 has random random

(obv best case scenario, but happens enough)