Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 04:34 AM

Default Re: Your most memorable Birthday

Ever since I was 16 or so I would consider any Birthday I remember well a failure. FOrtunatly there are none of those.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:52 AM

On my 21st, the summer before last, I stumbled outside to be greeted by 1 cop telling me that they were tired of always having to break up our parties so they had brought the bulk of the force to intimidate us/throw as many fines around as possible. Long story short our house party of ~150-200 people turned into a giant game of commando's as everybody was trying to run/sneak there way 4-5 blocks down the street to the beach to keep the party alive while avoiding half a dozen police cruisers, paddy wagons, cops patrolling, a helicopter spotlight, and 2 coast guard boats waiting at the beach to ticket anyone who did make it.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:13 AM

All my bdays basically sucked hard, one time tough was fun. It was last year when I became 21, the weather was really bad outside and the journals etc were warning everybody about it and you shouldnt go outside. So I was alone in my house and my best friend called me up that we def should celebrate than when it was around 23h he picked me up with his parents car and we went to the city and all the roads were all empty and the weather wasnt that bad. We went to a coffeeshop(netherlands) where a couple of my friend his classm8s(around 5guys) were w8ing for us and we smoked some weed and was nice overall.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:37 AM

After my junior year of high school, I was going on a school trip to France (two weeks with host families in Strasbourg, one week w/ Americans in Paris). School ended the 10th of June, and we were flying out the 11th of June, my birthday!

I got up in the morning, finished packing, but could not find my passport. I decided to go to the airport anyway, see if I could arrange something with my birth certificate, etc. As the whole rest of the school group watched, I got denied and told to book the same flight the next day and to get an emergency passport in the morning.
As my mom took me home from the airport, we both looked at each other and realized where my passport was. I had stuck it in a book in my backpack that was WITH ME THE WHOLE TIME AT THE AIRPORT, and it had fallen out and spent the whole ordeal in the bottom of my backpack.
My mom and I had a somber dinner at Pizza Hut, and I resolved to brush it off and come back to the airport the next day.

The next day, I got on the plane, and some stupid weather conditions kept us on the runway for an entire four and a half hours. Landing in Brussels five hours late, I found out that I had missed my connection to Strasbourg, and I said, "no problem, put me on the next one." "There is no next one."
At this point, I met up with a student group from a rival high school from my flight, and I found out they had booked a chartered bus as we waited for our luggage. They kindly invited me to join them. As I watched everyone else get their bags, I was told that they couldn't wait for me to get my luggage, and I would just have to come with them.

I spent six hours on the bus to Strasbourg with a bunch of freshmen and sophomores from a rival school (my group was mostly juniors and seniors, which felt like a huge maturity difference back then), and I managed with one change of clothes until I got my bags three days later. The rest of the trip was fun, but I don't think I'll ever have a birthday like that again.

Cliff Notes:
Junior in HS, going to France
lost passport, found it under my nose
delayed flight, missed connection
annoying bus ride, lost luggage
Old 09-11-2007, 12:25 PM

I saw Nirvana on my 18th birthday (In Utero tour), which is by far my most memorable. The others all involve lots of alcohol and fuzzy memories.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:30 PM

Mine was my 16th. Back then in PA you could get your driver's permit one month before your birthday. If you passed your permit test on the first try, and were lucky with the bureaucratic mess that is Penndot, you would receive your mailed paperwork to get your license on the day of your birthday. I was one of the lucky ones, and was able to pass my driver's test on my birthday. That night, my friends and I went "cruising" for girls. Of course we didnt' pick any up, but I never had a bigger sense of freedom. High school before I got my license was really not very much fun. High school after I got my license was the best time of my life.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:55 PM

my birthdays have been great but not very memorable so far. This next one will change all that. Going to Vegas to see Vegoose with best friends and girlfriend: RATM, Queens of the Stone Age, Public Enemy, Mastodon, Battles, Daft Punk, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, Ghostface Killah, and a bunch of other bands - some big - that I don't care very much about
Old 09-11-2007, 01:07 PM

12th.

DUCY?? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-11-2007, 02:09 PM

I lived in Hawaii on my 22nd B-day. I was in the USAF and was loving life. But I was also living off very little money. That year my Bday was on a Fri or Sat night and we had all planned on going out drinking.

We brought 2 guys that were in on a TDY (Temporary Duty) from Alaska. They were real cool and we were looking forward to having some fun.

I remember I had $60 on me which was really all of my extra cash at the time. There was about 10 of us and I said I was buying the first drink, hoping everyone would follow suit and take their turn. So I buy the first round and 10 minutes later a friend bought a round. Then everyone got kind of quiet.

So I was like Efff it. I had my first ever credit card and I walked up to the bar and gave them my CC to run a tab.

Well next thing I knew i was frinking shots that were on fire. Then I blacked out until the morning . I was staring up at the beautiful Hawaii sky while lying in the back of a pick up truck. When I sat up I looked at the 2 guys from Alaska and noticed some vomit on the bed of the truck.

I then mustered up the courage to ask them who's puke it was and they said they thought it was mine. I told them I didn't think they were right because I felt so good. one of them pointed behind me as that I should look in the mirror.

So I turn around and notice puke in my hair, and all over my shirt.

We got back to the base and they dumped me off right in front of two CmSgt's. They didn't say crap they just stared like I was an idiot (How could they have come to that conclusion).

A few days later I told my friend that I thought my tab was free because I didn't remember signing anything.

A month later I found out my bill was around $400. (Which was more than 1/2 months pay)
Old 09-11-2007, 02:19 PM

My 11th. We had just came back from visiting my grandparents in Texas...I lived in Oklahoma at the time. The day after we got back home, we went to K-Mart and I saw a book in there titled "Why Did Grandpa have to Die?" Within two days, we got a call saying my grandpa died of a heart attack. My family went except for my younger brother and I (we didn't want to make the 10-hour drive again). We stayed with my other grandparents that lived in the same town as us. My grandpa took me fishing on my birthday which was the same day as my other grandpa's funeral.

100% true and definitely my most memorable birthday.