Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2007, 03:06 PM

Default continuation bet TAG vs LAG

I already posted this in another thread but didnīt get any replies so here we go:

[ QUOTE ]

I wanted to start a thread about c-bets again anyway because one question has been bothering me for quite a time now.

It has to do with TAG vs. LAG c-bets...

As a lag are your c-bets 3/4 - full pot size as well ? Because (iīm sure all of you know that) one of the most important skills of a LAG is to keep the pots small but this is exactly what you donīt achieve by making pot sized c-bets...
Please tell where my reasoning is wrong or if it isnīt what LAg are supposed to do here! Not c-bet at all? But I donīt think this is the correct solution...

thanks anyway in advance
cheers monkover

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 01-12-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: continuation bet TAG vs LAG

Interesting question. I think SOME of the time LAGs should consider not C-betting at all, and instead go with the "delayed C-bet" on the turn as a mechanism of picking up uncontested pots. SOME of the time you should not C-bet at all on a read that your opponent is actually strong, since LAish behavior invites slowplaying as a counter. SOME of the time, ideally when your read says your opponent likes their hand the least, you should C-bet normally, and I think that means full pot. 3:1 pot odds (which the half-pot bet provides) is enough to allow someone with just overcards to ponder continuing or re-raising if they read you for weak and the stacks are deep.