Old 11-22-2007, 01:59 PM

Default PS 50NL 2 pair on river vs bad player

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $52.40
SB: $40.30
BB: $55.25
UTG: $27.75

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $2</font>, SB calls $1.75, BB calls $1.50

Flop: ($6) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $3

Turn: ($12) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3

River: ($18) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $32.30 and is All-In</font>

Villain was like 48/17/1.5 over 120 hands. He was the worst player at the table and makeing weird plays. He would call big bets with nothing, call down with A high or gutshots, raise with bottom pairs...very weird stuff. How much credit do you give a bad player like this when he overbets pot so much. I had not seen him overbet before this. I think I would have liked a raise on the turn more to see what he does... these really bad players doing weird plays confuse me sometimes.

The way he led all streets, I could see him with AK, KQ, KJ, or even a missed flush. But he could also have a set, full house, or nothing... How do you play this? I wished I would have raised the flop and/or turn.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:16 PM

Default Re: PS 50NL 2 pair on river vs bad player

I raise flop here like 100% of the time. 1.5 is a pretty big aggression factor for his looseness and I'm willing to play for stacks here by the turn. As played call since your hand is really underrepresented.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:19 PM

flop is drawy, so he'll pay a raise. plus he donk bets (usually a draw or a 6 or 2 or some crap). so, raise flop and if he hits a two outer, good for him.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:21 PM

I agree, raising flop makes this a lot easier to play and is good simply for value as well.
As played you're afraid of pretty much just a six, although occasionally he shows up with something really [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] like aces (you didn't specify how or what kind of bad he was). Even with the overbet he'll be valuebetting worse or doing retarded bluffs more than enough to make the call worth it.