Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2007, 01:37 AM

Default Former Girlfriends/ Hookups asking about current girl situation...

This is something that I have noticed with a few past girlfriends / hookups where I have remained in contact with them after we stopped getting together. The conversation will be going normally and then the question comes, "so any new hot girls in your life" or "meet any hot girls" when asking about a party I went to etc.

Well today I was on the phone with my latest ex when this situation arises. Now a little background, we were together until she graduated and moved for her new job, we talk fairly frequently and I recently bought a ticket to go visit her. She was asking me about my Thursday night, I tell her that I met a bunch of people that just moved into my apartment complex that are from near where I am from. Her next comment is "Oh, meet any hot girls?"

I hear this comment and I'm kind of just dumbfounded on how to answer it. I'm about to be going to visit her where we will be getting together while I'm there. Does she honestly expect a truthful answer? What tends to be the girl's objective when they ask this question? Is it an attempt to try to keep me in check, or feel out if I've been seeing other people to make her feel better about doing it herself, or giving herself a reason to do something with someone else?

Any insight?
Old 09-15-2007, 01:48 AM

Default Re: Former Girlfriends/ Hookups asking about current girl situation...

I'm not entirely clear on your situation here.

Are you planning on getting back together in a serious capacity? Who initiated the split in the first place?

If you dumped her, I would be coy about specifics wrt to having met other girls. Don't flat out deny it, as you don't wanna look like a puss.

If she dumped you, I'd play it slightly less coy, yet coy just the same. This way she'll suspect that you have hooked up with other hot chicks. She'll feel the need to compete for your affection.

Actually, as a general rule, I think I'd play it coy in almost every instance. She needs to respect that your world didn't end with her.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:43 AM

To clarify, I broke up with her. She is living where I will 90% most likely be living after I graduate, and I would perhaps like to get back together if I end up there, which is what I told her when I broke up with her. It just seems like a weird question that can only cause awkwardness especially before I am about to visit her.
Old 09-15-2007, 02:56 AM

wait, so you broke up with a girl but left open the possibility that you might like to f her again. you plan on moving to her town. in fact, you plan on visiting her soon. and yet you are surprised when you asks you if you are seeing someone else right before you come visit?

wtf are you also surprised when it gets light out every morning around 6?
Old 09-15-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wait, so you broke up with a girl but left open the possibility that you might like to f her again. you plan on moving to her town. in fact, you plan on visiting her soon. and yet you are surprised when she asks you if you are seeing someone else right before you come visit?

wtf are you also surprised when it gets light out every morning around 6?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actual FYP
Old 09-15-2007, 04:13 AM

lol thanks
Old 09-15-2007, 04:44 AM

This isn't a shocking question at all. Tell her no you haven't met any hot girls.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:01 AM

Lots of different reasons that exes do this. In your current situation she's obviously still into you... (I'm hoping your not actually retarded but simply too involved to figure this out) I've had girls who I've become good friends with after we broke up and then it's frequently a genuine question cause they simply want me to be well and happy.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:08 AM

If you want to SIIHP say "Not any as hot as you." OBV ... If you don't care about hitting it again, say whatever comes to mind.
Old 09-15-2007, 07:40 AM

doesn't really matter..."yea, a couple" is almost always the right answer (unless you're married, but it still might be then)