Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Karl Rove Steals Elections

What do you want me to say? The statement "The BBC is liberally biased" is so loaded and contextual that it's meaningless. It would have a different meaning if I said it than if you said it, and god only knows what someone reading it would interpret it to mean.

I'm generally much more comfortable dealing in specifics than vague generalities. Otherwise we just run around in circles defining our terms, establishing the frames of discussion, etc. I'm fine with it now and again, but overall I'm just tired of it.

PS-Your first link borks the column width of this thread, which is a pet peeve of mine. Could you use TinyURL for it and edit your post?
Old 07-30-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it interesting that liberals will almost never admit that any news outlet can be liberally biased, but are very quick to point out conservative bias. If a paper/tv/radio station can be conservatively biased, cannot one be liberally biased? Or is that just plain impossible?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they are willing to admit that the People's Weekly World has a pro-proletariat point of view. But that's about it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-30-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...58769441262005

Greg Palast, American and investigative reporter for the BBC, has exposed the GOP and Karl Rove as criminal thugs. The media is off in the corner, flirting with some floozy, but the internets are fighting back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good vid.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Greg Palast, American and investigative reporter for the BBC, has exposed the GOP and Karl Rove as criminal thugs. The media is off in the corner, flirting with some floozy, but the internets are fighting back.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good vid.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nielsio, I'm guessing you won't like Palast as much after viewing his thoughts on 9/11 (not) being an inside job.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good vid.

[/ QUOTE ]
Nielsio, I'm guessing you won't like Palast as much after viewing his thoughts on 9/11 (not) being an inside job.

[/ QUOTE ]

About a minute in he claims that OBL at SH were at war. </palast>
Old 07-30-2007, 04:21 PM

When SH invaded Kuwait OBL offered to the Saudi Princes to go in there and kick his ass. The Saudi's laughed, declined and sent him off to Afghanistan.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:26 PM

I have furiously googling various subjects over the last 45 minutes in an attempt to find a conspiracy theory which Nielso will not believe. No such luck so far. Will report back when results come.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When SH invaded Kuwait OBL offered to the Saudi Princes to go in there and kick his ass. The Saudi's laughed, declined and sent him off to Afghanistan.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you agree, they were not at war. TY.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:42 PM

"So you agree, they were not at war. TY."

By your logic, since the U.S. didn't invade Iraq back in the 90's they are not currently invading and occupying Iraq currently.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"So you agree, they were not at war. TY."

By your logic, since the U.S. didn't invade Iraq back in the 90's they are not currently invading and occupying Iraq currently.

[/ QUOTE ]

You stated quite plainly that OBL offered to go war and didnt as your only comment and did not present anything further as evidence they were at war. If you think they were, here's one more opportunity to support it, don't blow it again or you will start to sound like.....you.