Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2006, 04:44 PM

Default So I doubled up the live one at 8am and he racked up and left

Live 2/5 in a local room. I'm up about 100 for the night (down from 1k peak) after playing very well (if I do say so my self)and losing 2 big pots I was 60/40 to win when the money went in. The fish is a young kid with alot of flashy jewlery, typical Growing up Gotti type wannabe thug, 5K Breitling w/ 10-20k of diamonds on it, 10K Diamond crucifix. Thinks he's an awesome player cause he's not a total donkey like his friends, but really isn't very good. I've picked off several of his bluffs and generally frustrated him all night.

Pre-flop:
I overlimp with K10o in MP with 1.8k behind, he raises 6 limpers from the sb to 40 with 600 behind. I've never seen him raise from the blinds in 3 sessions, so this is basically Aces, Kings, Queens, and Ace King. 2 calls in front of me, I call, and 1 calls behind.

Fish goes all in in the dark, and the flop comes K105. I overpush, everyone folds, I tell him Aces no good and flip my cards as the dealer puts out running 6's! Ugh. Fish flips over his Aces, jumps up and brags to his friends at the other table, grabs 2 racks and leaves 2 hands later.

I'm to tired after a 9hour all night session to make much of a comback. 79% to a 1.5k win turned into a 500 loss with running 6's.

Oh well, at least I've been playing well lately.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:00 PM

Default Re: So I doubled up the live one at 8am and he racked up and left

[ QUOTE ]

I overlimp with K10o [...] I've never seen him raise from the blinds in 3 sessions, so this is basically Aces, Kings, Queens, and Ace King. 2 calls in front of me, I call [...]

Oh well, at least I've been playing well lately.

[/ QUOTE ]

O RLY?
Old 07-17-2006, 05:06 PM

Of course. You've gotta call if you figure you're a 6-1 dog.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:34 PM

any hand can flop trips or 2 pair. Against a bad player I can outplay postflop, with 100bb+ behind I'm calling with everything but the bottom 35-40%. The implied odds are there, as witnessed by this hand, so what if i call when I'm a 6 to 1 dog getting 4 to 1 if I get his whole 120 bb stack when time i hit and don't get sucked out on.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:37 PM

You flop two pair or better like one in fifty times or something. Fold preflop.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
any hand can flop trips or 2 pair. Against a bad player I can outplay postflop, with 100bb+ behind I'm calling with everything but the bottom 35-40%.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a terrible strategy.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:45 PM

When your up against a player like this - one word: Implied Odds (we arent playing limit here). KT may not be the best hand to crack a big pair with - but I'm not too down on the play. If you know you can get away from it, you might as well have a go.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When your up against a player like this - one word: Implied Odds (we arent playing limit here). KT may not be the best hand to crack a big pair with - but I'm not too down on the play. If you know you can get away from it, you might as well have a go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm well aware of the strategy. It's just a bad strategy.

You're only going to flop two pair or better about 49/1 and trips or better about 73/1. Not to mention the times you're up against KK and completely dominated or AK and dominated.
Even if you hit a miracle two pair you're not a lock to win. And I bet OP wouldn't have posted this hand if the guy had KK.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:54 PM

yeah - you're probably right - when I think about I don't generally call raises w KTo - BUT if it was SUITED I would! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2006, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. K10o? do u know how often u flop trips/2 pair? they're not even suited. then again, this is BBV so u might as well call.