Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2007, 09:10 AM

Default Sluss\'s Official AFC Rankings (Week 7)

Sorry so late it has been a long week for me. So the AFC has pretty clearly become one thing Pats, Colts and everybody else. Who knows though once the playoffs come. Or maybe I'm just justifing my own post. Who knows. Last Week

1.New England Patriots (7-0)ear god that was a straight beating. How bad is it when you can score at absolute will? Right now there is no weakness on the Patriots train. I don't know how many more obvious statements I can make about them.

2.Indianapolis Colts (6-0): Good test for the Colts run defense. They played well in the first half. Once the Colts got up by a couple of scores it was much easier. Two weeks until the match-up with the Pats.

3.Pittsburgh Steelers (4-2): Another poor road trip out of the Steelers. However, their division keeps getting easier & easier as the Ravens and Bengals sputter. I'm not sure they are the third best team, but they seem to be the only one that makes sense. It is such a big separation between the top two and everyone else.

4.Tennessee Titans(4-2)<font color="red">(up 1)</font>:They had some problems getting into the end zone without Vince Young, but they dominated the Texans. Granted they almost blew it in the end. Right now though it looks like Young's injury is not serious. The defense is fine as long as they don't open up too big of a lead. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

5.Jacksonville Jaguars (4-2)<font color="red">(down 1)</font>:Just a bad night for the Jags. They get down two scores, which is really bad for them. Their down field passing game is really built off of the run and once they get behind, trouble is ahead. It will be interesting to see how badly Garrard is hurt because Quinn Gray looked even worse that I thought he was.

6.San Diego Chargers (3-3):The wildfires in Southern California have displaced the Chargers and may cost them a home game this week. It will be interesting to see how distracted this team gets considering how hot they were heading into the bye.

7.Denver Broncos(3-3)<font color="red">(up 2)</font>:I loved Jim Bates's adjustment this week. He had been reluctant to just go all out against the run, but it looks like he has accepted for his talent this is the best way to go. Champ Bailey's health will be paramount for the defense. With Javon Walker out they are going to need big year's from Brandon Stokley &amp; Brandon Marshall... What's that he just got busted for hanging out with Travis Henry?

8.Kansas City Chiefs (4-3)<font color="red">(up 2)</font> :The Chiefs keep winning. They are not winning pretty, but they keep winning. Larry Johnson coming out of his shell, Dwayne Bowe still remains one of my favorite players in the league to watch.. The defense though has been the biggest sup rise. Their secondary has been really good (Jared Page may be a star in the making), they have been tough against the run. Jared Allen and Derrick Johnson have been great. They have a ton more talent than I thought on the defensive side of the ball. They do have a tough schedule to finish after the bye with games against the Packers, Titans &amp; Colts still to come.

9. Cleveland Browns (3-3) <font color="red">(up 2) </font> :Easy schedule to finish for the Browns. They still have an outside shot to make the playoffs.

10.Baltimore Ravens (4-3)<font color="red">(down 2)</font> :Wow was that a bad game out of the Ravens. Living on the tight rope they were living on, you knew this was possible. Their schedule becomes an absolute bear after the bye. This team may just be done.

11. Houston Texans (3-4)<font color="red">(down 4)</font>:In a way I feel bad for the Texans. They should be having a much better year, but injuries are starting to hurt them too much. Two weeks in a row Sage Rosenfels putting to together big games when the game was out of reach. Even though they made it to the comeback against a jesusless Titans they were out classed for most of the game.

12.Oakland Raiders(2-4)<font color="red">(down 1)</font>:The Raiders had a pretty solid start to the year. The schedule is tough from here on out, but they do seem to be building in the right direction. They need to figure out their running back situation with Fargas &amp; Jordan running well and still having Dominic Rhodes in the wings. Ronald Curry has really improved. The defense is not as good as last year, but is still kind of solid. They could be a team that surprises next year.

13.Buffalo Bills (2-4)<font color="red">(up 1)</font>:I've been talking about how impressed I have been with Trent Edwards and Dick Jauron has clearly listened to me. The Bills are going to be a tough team the rest of the year. And they do have a pretty good shot of finishing second in the division. Although I don't know if that is a compliment or not.

15. Cincinnati Bengals1-5)<font color="red">(down2)</font>:Chad Johnson getting unhappy, took longer than I thought. The Bengals have about the worst locker room situation in the league. They have some talent, but injuries and distractions have clearly got to the point where Marvin Lewis is about to lose his job.

15.New York Jets (1-6):Still Chad huh, well that seems to be planning for the future.

16.Miami Dolphins(0-7):Well their only positive the whole year has been Ronnie Brown. Scratch that. They get a trip to England? I'm kind of out of positives.