Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2007, 10:57 PM

Default Flush draw: 2nd barrel vs free card

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($87.35)
UTG ($36.40)
UTG+1 ($50.05)
MP1 ($49.60)
MP2 ($139.30)
Hero ($94)
Button ($23.10)
SB ($53.95)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $1, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls $2.

Flop: ($7.50) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, UTG+1 calls $6.

Turn: ($19.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($19.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets $14</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $19.50

No real reads here. This was the fourth hand at table. My main opponent this hand raised PF the first hand and won the pot with a bet on the flop. The second and third hand he folded pre-flop.

Pre-flop, I raise here maybe 50%, calling the rest of the time. I like raising because it let's me take control of the hand and sweetens the pot if I flop something big.

I think this is an obvious bet on the flop. Unforunately, my opponent called. On the turn I considered a second barrel but decided to take the free card. Does anyone bet again here?

On the river, I considered a raise all-in. My line to that point could very well be how someone would play KK. Anyone raise the river here? I almost never make this play, but think maybe I should from time to time.

Paul
Old 09-06-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Flush draw: 2nd barrel vs free card

I like raising preflop if you are going to play this hand, but you should probably raise more if you are going to raise. You should probably have reads that someone behind you loves to call before you limp along with this.

flop bet is good. turn check is probably better than bet readless in my opinion. I think raising the river readless is huge spew, but good against some people who you have a note on that value bet light or have a high bet river % over a couple hundred.

Actually given his stack size raising river ever is probably spew.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:15 PM

Perfect bluff card, so I bet.
+ aren't paired boards good for 2 barrelling anyway.
Old 09-07-2007, 12:38 AM

Raising river is suicide.

I definitely fire turn. This is a great card to keep firing at and I might even consider firing a 3rd depending on the action and his timing.