Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 04:50 AM

Default Re: The New Official FTP Regulars Thread

cardiffgiant1...anyone think I've been a bit too spewy lately?
Old 08-20-2007, 04:52 AM

I kinda like playing against people who constantly 3-bet me when they're OOP.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cardiffgiant1...anyone think I've been a bit too spewy lately?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe a little?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero: $556.40
RedScorpion: $414.40
kingcela: $1,472.60
gregory911: $126.30
cardiffgiant1: $419.10

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
kingcela folds, gregory911 calls $4.00, <font color="red">cardiffgiant1 raises to $18.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $62.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">cardiffgiant1 raises all-in to $419.10</font>, Hero calls $357.10

Flop: ($846.20) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Turn: ($846.20) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($846.20) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $846.20 ($3 Rake)

cardiffgiant1 had 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (Ace King high) and LOST (-$419.10)
Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a pair of Jacks) and WON (+$424.10)
Old 08-20-2007, 05:50 AM

Any advice for FristSux?
Old 08-20-2007, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking about datamining some levels of FTP and then analyzing the play of some particularly regular shorstacks, presumably to release my results publicly. If we beat the hell out of them, maybe they'll stop playing so much and making the games crappier (or at least drop to lower levels so we dont care about them anymore). Any thoughts on that idea; whether its awesome or meh, ethically fine or douchey?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's stupid

1. you might as well publish a "how to short stack" post if you're going to do that

2. Is it really worth your time to do all that to try and take back the 1 bb/100 i'm winning from you?

3. It's not like there's much you can do anyway. You call less, we push more and vice versa. We're not THAT stupid

If you're gonna do this, fine, just post it in a private chat or something. nobody wants the games becoming even more flooded than they already are

[/ QUOTE ]

you're doing it too now? man, thats a shame. whats your SN?
Old 08-20-2007, 06:34 AM

thoughts on dynetz?
Old 08-20-2007, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm just fine with the shortstackers at FTP. frankly, it's easy money most of the time, and i would be against anything that might be detrimental towards that end. let them short stack all they way.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) i'm not thinking about profiling the fishy shortstackers, that's unnecessary. i'm only focusing on the at least decent ones who are ratholing from every table at a level for hours on end.

2) discussing proper counterstrategies against particular shortstackers is detrimental to the end of taking their money? lol, what.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2) discussing proper counterstrategies against particular shortstackers is detrimental to the end of taking their money? lol, what.

[/ QUOTE ]

discussing counter strategies against a particular shortstacker or group of shortstackers is in their best interest... is it not? i mean, if we sit here discuss and publicly disseminate information and thoughts on how to neutralize this particular player, it's only going to give them access to that valuable information... is it not? i mean suppose you are one of the donks in question, all of sudden you come onto this forum only to see that a bunch of guys who are far superior players than you having just posted a bunch of strategies and ideas on how to totally render you ineffective...short of absolute luckboxing. aren't you going to take that free information and apply it to your game?...and (however unlikely) adapt and evolve? i mean... why would we want to publicly put out information that could potentially help these clowns and worse yet potentially dry up a vast and bountifully lake of easy money? again, this is just imo... but i don't see the benefit to it all, especially since playing against shortstackers is easy. i think we would all agree, that short of luckboxing, a shortstacker/ratholer will never have an edge vs. a 2p2er or decent regular... so where's the payoff to discussing how to further pumble an already weak opponent?
Old 08-20-2007, 07:15 AM

Then why not just have several good players(especially good mathematically) put together a strategy for beating decent/good/competent shortstackers. When the strategy is complete make a post stating so and also stating that any FTP, Stars, etc regular on 2p2 who wants it can PM whoever to get it. That way it isn't out there openly as a strategy guide for people who want to shortstack and also isn't out there for random lurkers who contribute nothing to do whatever they want w/ it.

Just a thought, but overall I think putting something together to beat these guys is a good idea...I'm just not a big math guy myself.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
early in the thread someone wrote that MotherFlusher is good, in my experience with him hes god awful especially heads up and he tilts like crazy am i alone on this thought?

[/ QUOTE ]

agree, he's terrible.. tilts nonstop.. calling him down kinda light (w/ TPBK, MPTK, etc) is usually the most effective way to play him.