Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 04:04 PM

Default 50nl: AA gets tough on the river

Villian is pretty bad his stats are 40/10/1

Should I block this river, check, what do I do here now that the flush has hit.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $30.25
BB: $137.15
Hero (UTG): $50.00
MP: $81.40
CO: $48.00
BTN: $54.30

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $2.00</font>, MP calls $2.00, CO calls $2.00, 3 folds

Flop: ($6.75) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, MP folds, CO calls $6.00

Turn: ($18.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $15.00</font>, CO calls $15.00

River: ($48.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Pot Size: $48.75
Hero??
Old 07-14-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: 50nl: AA gets tough on the river

Tough spot. You both have only 1/2 psb left in your stacks so you can't block. I really dislike a c/f because villain could easily have TP like AK, KQ, KT here. OTOH he is pretty passive so I doubt that he will push those hands. So if you check, you can be pretty sure that he has you beat. The problem is that you lose value against the hands that you beat that he might call a bet with. I need to have a feel for the player to determine if I push for value here, because I have to think that he isn't only loose but also a calling station (how many SDs did he see up to that point?). Against an unknown, I check and see what he does. Assuming that his stats are over a meaningfull sample, I think you can fold to a push, but you can call a smallish bet like $10.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:14 PM

against 40/10 shove for value
he ll have flush draw here sometimes but he ll have lots of Kx type of hands as well which he propably won't fold to your bet i do not like c/f and blocking is bad w/ stack sizes
Old 07-14-2007, 04:20 PM

you can't read anything from the 40/10 because that stat has NO statement at all with regard to villain's postflop play. This ONLY means that he is pretty loose and passive preflop. You should never fall in the trap to think that all villains who are loose preflop are huge calling stations postflop and will go to SD with every crap that they call preflop. There are many players who think that they need to see a flop to know if their hand is good and that play very loosely preflop but just as weak tight postflop unless they actually hit something.
Don't confuse it. That's why I explicitly asked for this information.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:35 PM

When op said that villain is bad and he is 40/10 I have auto assumed that he is also a calling station and will have Kx in his range a lot of the time.Yes there are ppl like you have described however most 40/10's are the type to get stacked with TP a lot I think.Also there is not much room on the river and I think shoving there is best because your losing too much value against TP kind of hands.
Old 07-14-2007, 04:36 PM

This is a pretty tough spot but dependent on the villain. Genz's approach looks pretty solid.