Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: do your friends do this

[ QUOTE ]
i got 2 friends that do this. when you're riding with them in a car, they will take/make a phone call that takes more then a few minutes.

i find this quite annoying. anyone else? do you say anything to them?

i usually make some smart ass remark, but i do that about everything, so they usually don't get the hint.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I hate this [censored] too, I just want them to shut up so I can listen to my music.
Old 05-29-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think you should trump their rudeness by just dozing off in the driver's seat, particularly on long drives.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-29-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There a bunch of needs girly men on this board. If one of my friends needs to talk on the phone, or has the inclination to have a convo Im not involved in, even if we are riding in the same car, I dont give a [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

w3rd
Old 05-29-2007, 05:35 PM

oddjob,

Oh yeah, I remembered something from last year when I was in Atlanta and was somehow chosen to be the driver for three other employees.

One guy was a total douche (he would be fired within a month and ran up $3000 on his corporate credit card, ALL at bars LOL, and the company thereafter lowered our credit limit to $500 from $2500), just one of those people who is socially inept.

Among other indiscretions he spent the long trip from the airport to the hotel calling various women and talking quietly to them so we couldn't hear while the other three of us had to deal with this idiot. Then he did it on future rides elsewhere. Towards the end of the trip I revoked his front seat privileges, as in "I'm not starting this car until you get into the back seat". I also refused to turn the radio down/off for him to make his calls.
Old 05-29-2007, 06:41 PM

I like it when my wife takes calls in the car cause that means she isn't talking to me.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm amazed at how rude seemingly normal people can be with cellphones. One time I was walking home from work with a co-worker (we live near each other) and mid-conversation (I was literally in the middle of a sentence) he answers his cell phone without saying a word - no "sorry, I have to take this" or even "hold on". For a guy that seemed pretty non-douchey in general, I was shocked.

I think that any time two people are together (in a car, talking, eating together) it's rude to take a call without at least acknowledging the other person first, and it's rude to stay on the phone any longer than absolutely necessary. In a car, it's always rude to a take an unnecessary call, because inevitably the whole car will go silent while everyone listens to half of an inane conversation.

I'm with Phil on the "leave the room" policy - if I take a cell call, I always do whatever I can to distance myself from the people I'm around before answering.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.phonejammer.com/cell-phone-jammer/p2jbz.asp

Stick it in your drivers side door and terminate his calls at will.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish they would install heavy duty versions of these in movie theaters.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:39 PM

I never do this to my friends because I have manners. They rarely do it. The one who did it all the time I told him to stop and explained why it is rude.

To take the next step, one of my friends thinks that it is rude to have your phone on ring (it should be on vibrate/1-beep at all times) because ringers are annoying. I think he is an idiot, thoughts?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:17 PM

If I have to turn the music down then I'm definitely irritated by it, but I'll live.

What really gets me, though, is when the person who's making the phone call turns down my music without asking. Terrible.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like it when my wife takes calls in the car cause that means she isn't talking to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL