Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 03:13 PM

Default 10/20, 6max, TP and OE in RR pot

Hi,

I've only posted a few hands and responses to other threads. I have however read a lot in here, but if there's any technicalities I didn't get correct, I apologise.

Villain in this hand is queenkris, at Party Poker. He mostly plays fullring, as I've observed, but this day he apparently decided to go for some shorthanded. From what I've seen so far, he's been mixing a lot by raising every hand in two orbits and afterwards tightning up and playing 1 in 20 hands. When this hand appeared, he's in transisition, meaning that he's prob. not on any two preflop, but not restricted to A-class only.
Postflop, he's tricky and agressive.

I've been playing fairly actively running at 29/22/6 at this table. He's in my SB when I'm BB, but I haven't played a lot back at him except at his occasional "raising every hand" period. We have the same positions at another table, so the case has been pretty much the same there. I have yet to see him fold to one of my 3bets, which I suspect is grounded in the fact that he might rightfully think he's a better postflop player than I am. This, of course, widens his range quite a bit.

Anyways, to the hand:

Seat 3: queenkris ( $3854 ) - I cover.

I hold: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

queenkris raises [$80].
Hero raises [$285].
caspis folds. (his big blind)
queenkris calls [$215]

** Dealing Flop ** [ Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ]

Pot is 590. I bet 435. Anyone likes a check (-call/raise)? He calls.

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Pot is 1460. Effective stacks are now 3134. Who like bet/folding? Bet/calling? Check/calling? And is check/raising an option to consider given these stacks?

I do of course myself have some thoughts about this hand, but in order not to screw up the discussion, I will save them for later ;-).

Thx for your replys.

- AB
Old 11-14-2006, 03:24 PM

Default Re: 10/20, 6max, TP and OE in RR pot

Was caspis a limper, and in that case, where did he limp from and with how much money behind?
Old 11-14-2006, 03:25 PM

Caspis is in the Bigblind - sorry, I'll correct it now.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:37 PM

Well these are the positions we put ourselves in by pumping it preflop a lot. I don't understand why you can't just call pref then outplay him postflop, instead of inflating the pot out of position. Anyways, I like a turn check call, makes it look like maybe were on a pair+st8 draw of j10 or 910 and then re-evaluate on the river. Hopfully he checks behind when we check if river blanks off with an AJ type hand. I don't like c/r because considering the history and you've been playing fairly aggressive, he might not have give your 3-bet much credit and call you down with KQ AQ and obviously better
Old 11-14-2006, 03:40 PM

I like a check/call on flop.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well these are the positions we put ourselves in by pumping it preflop a lot. I don't understand why you can't just call pref then outplay him postflop, instead of inflating the pot out of position. Anyways, I like a turn check call, makes it look like maybe were on a pair+st8 draw of j10 or 910 and then re-evaluate on the river. Hopfully he checks behind when we check if river blanks off with an AJ type hand. I don't like c/r because considering the history and you've been playing fairly aggressive, he might not have give your 3-bet much credit and call you down with KQ AQ and obviously better

[/ QUOTE ]

calling PF is awful. you are not going to outplay anyone OOP w/ QTo
Old 11-14-2006, 06:41 PM

This is a great flop for your hand, but his position on you means that you're going to have trouble knowing where you are; you'd like to get allin if possible on the flop to avoid such trouble and to put maximum pressure on a hand like AQ or KK.

Unfortunately you are too deep to try something tricky like a check/raise or an overbet on the flop.

You could try betting 1/2 pot with the intention of provoking a flop raise from kris which you could then push over the top of.

If he flat calls, you have a smaller pot and room to maneuver on the turn, which is also not too bad.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

calling PF is awful. you are not going to outplay anyone OOP w/ QTo

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Is that a joke of a statement? You could outplay someone with any given hand. They don't know if you got AA or Q10o or 88 or 78 etc. Just because you have Q10o you can't just call and play from there? I am not going to respond to that comment further.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a check/call on flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

So do I. Then turn is a brick, and what's the plan?
Old 11-27-2006, 02:45 PM

Giving it some consideration, I don't really think, he's going to stack off w/ one pair on this flop. Maybe AA once in a while. Given that information, I should definitely check-raise AI (turning my hand into a complete semi-bluff), as I'm not sure my hand beats his range if he bets the turn. Unless I'm ready to stack off w/ just a pair of Qs, if he pushes the river on a bluff figuring that I never have better than one pair, and I can never call on that only anyways.

- AB