Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 02:51 PM

Default Re: river c/r bluff (?) (online?)

The only hand you take him off of is possibly AQ. Other than that, he isn't betting another lone ace for value. So, he either has a missed draw, aces up, set. Aces up and a set are probably making a call just because a river c/r looks fishy, so your basically trying to clean up a little extra money off a busted draw, which if that the case, its better to just fire out a strong bet risking 500 than 1500. Unless of course, you have him tagged as betting rivers light like with AJ etc, or middle pair+draw trying to take you off an ace.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:56 PM

Default Re: river c/r bluff (?) (online?)

[ QUOTE ]
do you usually get called when you do this?

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes i do sometimes i don't - which is why i decided to do it here, and which, i guess leads to the major point:

I'm trying really hard to start balancing my play - nearly completely. now i know there will always be higher ev to making certain moves with certain holdings in certain spots, and therefore, perfectly balanced play would be sub-optimal, but i feel like some of the responses are limited in their thinking - about only doing certain things in certain spots. that said, i don't really know if this play was a good one, just that if i'm going to do it w aaa or kkk i need to do it w other stuff some % of the time - like, is this a pretty sick line w AQ or what?

anyway, a lot of people made good points - thanks.