Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 01:49 PM

Default Karl Rove Steals Elections

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...58769441262005

Greg Palast, American and investigative reporter for the BBC, has exposed the GOP and Karl Rove as criminal thugs. The media is off in the corner, flirting with some floozy, but the internets are fighting back.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:17 PM

Default Re: Karl Rove Steals Elections

[ QUOTE ]
American and investigative reporter for the BBC,

[/ QUOTE ]

Stopped reading after that.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
American and investigative reporter for the BBC,

[/ QUOTE ]

Stopped reading after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's always smart. Just listen on CNN and Fox news. Nothing to see here guys! Govman has figured it out, BBC = Trash.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:24 PM

Well, in all fairness, should you let people with BAD TEETH tell you about corruption in your country? They've got BAD TEETH. Maybe if they wanted to inform me about a corrupt ruling class they should GET BRACES and FLOSS first.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, in all fairness, should you let people with BAD TEETH tell you about corruption in your country? They've got BAD TEETH. Maybe if they wanted to inform me about a corrupt ruling class they should GET BRACES and FLOSS first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also the BBC has a clear lack of focus on the latest Lindsay Lohan escapades; clearly not a reputable news organization.
Old 07-30-2007, 02:42 PM

For those that would rather read Palast than watch this video:

Florida's flawed "voter-cleansing" program

The Goods on Goodling and the Keys to the Kingdom

The Tears of a Clone: Conyers Closes in on Karl and his Rove-bots

A fun audio interview confirms Palast's blind allegiance to Democrats:

[ QUOTE ]
Palast explains the oil game in Iraq, the deal behind the U.S. attorney scandal, Hillary Clinton’s shameful corruption and her husband’s pardon of arch-criminal Mark Rich, and the deal struck by Republicans to impeach Bill only for the silly sex scandal instead of his felonious relationship with the Indonesian Riady family billionaires as long as the Democrats promised not to expose the Republican’s felonious connections to the American Koch family billionaires.

[/ QUOTE ]

and to opponents of the war on Iraq: Palast eviscerates George Galloway
Old 07-30-2007, 03:15 PM

In case everyone missed it, the BBC recently admitted it is biased. This is like the sun admitting it is hot.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/ar...in_page_id=1770
Old 07-30-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In case everyone missed it, the BBC recently admitted it is biased. This is like the sun admitting it is hot.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/ar...in_page_id=1770

[/ QUOTE ]
Ah, yes, an accusation (and a documented confession!) of "bias." Very informative, but do you have any thoughts on anything in the articles, video, or audio interview presented here?

While we're attacking the messenger here I'd point out that the source for your claim of bias is biased itself. How meta!

PS-Here's my favorite section from the Wikipedia article on the Daily Mail.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah, yes, an accusation (and a documented confession!) of "bias." Very informative, but do you have any thoughts on anything in the articles, video, or audio interview presented here?

While we're attacking the messenger here I'd point out that the source for your claim of bias is biased itself. How meta!

PS-Here's my favorite section from the Wikipedia article on the Daily Mail.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, do you agree that the BBC has a liberal bias? If you don't, you are denying what BBC officals have admitted. I find it interesting that liberals will almost never admit that any news outlet can be liberally biased, but are very quick to point out conservative bias. If a paper/tv/radio station can be conservatively biased, cannot one be liberally biased? Or is that just plain impossible?

Ok, you don't like my link to the Daily Mail on the BBC story. How about these:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...06-details/Yes,%20we%20are%20biased%20on%20religion%20and%20poli tics,%20admit%20BBC%20executives/article.do

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...17/nbbc217.xml

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6763205.stm

In this BBC article, it quotes former BBC editor Andrew Marr saying, "the BBC has an innate liberal bias."

I just cannot understand why you won't admit this? This is like a conservative saying Fox News is totally balanced and impartial. Just admit the obvious, especially when the people who work there already have.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:43 PM

What do you want me to say? The statement "The BBC is liberally biased" is so loaded and contextual that it's meaningless. It would have a different meaning if I said it than if you said it, and god only knows what someone reading it would interpret it to mean.

I'm generally much more comfortable dealing in specifics than vague generalities. Otherwise we just run around in circles defining our terms, establishing the frames of discussion, etc. I'm fine with it now and again, but overall I'm just tired of it.

PS-Your first link borks the column width of this thread, which is a pet peeve of mine. Could you use TinyURL for it and edit your post?