Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2007, 06:26 AM

Default Re: $3 Million Downsizing.............

I really hope that BT takes advice from all the microlimit players in this in regards to bankroll management.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He is NOT even close to being the best online Omaha player,let alone playing 1000/2000 LIVE with the best seasoned pros around.

[/ QUOTE ]

the live 1k/2k game plo game is constantly straddled and restraddled, and, fwiw, i dont think is all that tough. aba was and still is very very +ev in that game. i dont think people realize that a 3 mil downswing isnt even that big for the stakes he was playing and the way money is flung around. he could have easily taken 10 mil out of that game if the cards fell differently.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he could have easily taken 10 mil out of that game if he didnt fire three barrel bluffs against the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
fyp
Old 07-26-2007, 12:25 PM

BarryG, who was sitting next to Brian, asserts that Brian could've taken that game for 10-20 million. Raptor agrees. This is now a fact. One exception though 30 hands/hr x 3 weeks days x 8 hours/day = 5k hands. So to make 10 million, he'd need 20bb/100, depending on structure.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There are two games going on: there is BT's game, his ability to consistently play his best against a variety of opponent skills, styles, personalities, a variety of stakes, and a variety of variance players, like Farha.

Then there is the metagame. There is his ability to judge whether his bankroll swings have become too dangerous for the velocity of money he is putting at risk.

It very important to keep one truth of trading/poker in mind at all times: if you are on a serious downswing, and you put it down to poor play which can not be remedied, and you give up, you are probably finished as a professional at that level (or at least for a number of years).

By giving up, you have so severely damage your ego-thought-process that psychologically you no longer can think clearly when playing at those stakes.

Breaks are an option, as are different opponents, different venues, etc. But there really is only one way to re-establish your ego and confidence without continuing the excessive risk: and that is drastically lower your $ velocity, wait until you start winning consistently, regain your confidence. This takes time, a lot of time, maybe a year or more, and it is boring and humbling compared to playing at the higher levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very well put, and something I am constantly trying to warn people about even at midstakes. Whether or not you are ready to move up often has very little to do with your bankroll or your skill level. It's more the ability of your ego to weather the storm of a downswing. If you would need weeks away from the game after a 15-20 buyin downswing, or it would take months to get your game/confidence back to that level, then don't [censored] move up. I see so many people think they are ready to push the limits, and then 2 months later they are a mess, and can't bear to even think about poker. Anyway, regardless of how relevant this is or isn't to Aba, it's still very well put, thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great post IMO
Old 07-26-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BarryG, who was sitting next to Brian, asserts that Brian could've taken that game for 10-20 million. Raptor agrees. This is now a fact.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously chortled.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
+15/100bb at what games .5/1 get off me like that is worth mentioning

[/ QUOTE ]

add more zeroes.

you must have missed the thread where he bragged about playing high micro stakes

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL i hope your serious, gotta love microstakes donks bragging very awesome

[/ QUOTE ]

Bottom line is I make a decent hourly, mostly enjoy the game and am poised to graduate to higher stakes very well prepared unlike the vast majority of you idiots who have no concept of variance, BR management or game selection and will inevitably tank being the insufferable losers you are.

Furthermore if I were to play higher I would have to deal with all the little [censored] who multi-account, collude and avail themselves of every other underhanded scumbag shortcut to sustain their voracious appetites for immediate gratification.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep thats why your stuck at mircostakes cause everyone in poker cheats and colludes bingo chump thats exactly why... get over yourself your destined to be a guy who makes 50 bucks a day because your too stubborn or dumb to realize what really is going on in the poker world
Old 07-26-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really hope that BT takes advice from all the microlimit players in this in regards to bankroll management.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i laughed
Old 07-26-2007, 01:07 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

"....he could have easily taken 10 mil out of that game if the cards fell differently."

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, this has got to be put into the 2+2 hall of fame.

It is hard to believe there has been or ever will be a statement as funny as this, regarding poker.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:30 PM

Barry G said the same thing. If you don't believe those guys, well, okay.