Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Re: Proper Way to Look at Hole Cards

Some funny answers. I like the question though: given the way I look at my cards, I wish I was a bit shorter, as I end up hunched down in the chair so I don't have to lift the edge of the cards beyond a certain angle. Really uncomfortable at the end of a long session.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some funny answers. I like the question though: given the way I look at my cards, I wish I was a bit shorter, as I end up hunched down in the chair so I don't have to lift the edge of the cards beyond a certain angle. Really uncomfortable at the end of a long session.

[/ QUOTE ]
Please dont wish you were shorter for this reason.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bring them to ur chest. but do so slowly...u wud hate to move the game along. then, from ur chest, begin to bring them up to ur nose. then spread them, look at them, and begin to bring them back down towards the felt. take ur time, ... then do what u need to do

also, as a bonus, when the dealer tells u to keep ur cards on the table, blatently ignore him and continue doin this for the rest of his down.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget to look over both shoulders before bringing your cards off your chest. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

dammit. i knew there was a crucial and strategic element i was missing.

also....dont hesitate to do this 2, sometimes 3 times, before actually actting in turn. and, just to clariffy, you should always recheck your hole cards on every street. yes...even in 7stud.

long live games gettin 5deals/down...
Old 03-21-2007, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Please dont wish you were shorter for this reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, you got me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

On balance, the benefits of being taller probably outweigh this one thing. I admit it. Sign me up to Hyperbole Anonymous, please.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bring them to ur chest. but do so slowly...u wud hate to move the game along. then, from ur chest, begin to bring them up to ur nose. then spread them, look at them, and begin to bring them back down towards the felt. take ur time, ... then do what u need to do

[/ QUOTE ]

This pretty much describes an older gentleman at the 2005 WSOP ME sitting directly to my right. I politely asked the dealer to give the guy a quick lesson in what is allowed because he was talking the cards off the table and leaning back so that no one could see his cards. When the dealer explained that the cards cannot cross the rail of the table into his lap or chest he adjusted by leaning forward (but not down to the table) and bringing the cards directly up in front of his nose to again try and prevent those around him from seeing his cards. It was rather amusing.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:17 PM

Also, remember to slowly check your cards (in whatever method is decided) every time the action is on you.

Make sure to do this slowly, deliberately, and confidently while staring down each of the 9 other people at the table, several of which do not have a hand. It's usually best to check or fold after each time you do this.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
..........................OOOO
..........................OOOO <--chips
...cards -->..[...].OOOO

Lift bottom right corner. use massive chip stack to hide cards from player on your right

[/ QUOTE ]
Is there an easy way to get a massive chip stack?
Old 03-21-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
..........................OOOO
..........................OOOO <--chips
...cards -->..[...].OOOO

Lift bottom right corner. use massive chip stack to hide cards from player on your right

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you left-handed? I put the monster stacks of chips on the left, turn the cards 90-degrees, and peak at the left corner. But I'm right handed (like normal people).
Old 03-21-2007, 05:47 PM

I checked this forum this morning, and ignored this thread, cuz it was only one post, and i figured it would be lame.

This thread actually really impressed me. Nice work guys.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, remember to slowly check your cards (in whatever method is decided) every time the action is on you.

Make sure to do this slowly, deliberately, and confidently while staring down each of the 9 other people at the table, several of which do not have a hand. It's usually best to check or fold after each time you do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly what i was gettin at...