Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: POOL

[ QUOTE ]
totally accurate? those might be the most fun rules but in 8 ball don't you have to call ball and pocket?

[/ QUOTE ]

In the APA pool association no. In a couple other ones yes.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:15 PM

UK 8 ball rules as played just about everywhere I have played pool (pubs/bars/pool clubs etc)

Sink 8 ball from break off - you lose/or rerack usually rerack.

Whatever colour(played with red/yellow balls as opposed to spots stripes) you sinkon the break is your colour - if you sink one or more of each you can choose your colour - if none are sunk it's opponents turn - they have free choice - if they miss potting a ball on their turn their choice of colour stands.

object ball does NOT have to hit a cushion or be potted - provided you strike your own ball first it's not a foul.

If you foul (hit another colour/black first instead of your own) or pocket white ball opponent has ball in hand but must place ball behind baulk line (kitchen)

If you foul opponent has 2 shots which carry over. e.g. first of two shots you can hit ANY ball (your free shot) and are permitted if you choose to pot an opponents ball that may be blocking a shot for you - no foul. If you pot one of your own colour you still have two shots (tho after the first you must strike your own colour first as per a normal shot) - if you fail to pot a ball on your free shot or carried over shot then you continue as per a normal turn. (It's like having 2 consecutive visits to the table the first and only the first shot of which is a completely free table)

Once you are on the black and have p[otted all your colours you only get one visit - not two.

You never have to nominate shots/pockets.

Clear all your colours and then the black to win - pot the black while your colour(s) remain on table you lose.

Foul the white after potting black in same shot you lose - foul the white and don't pot the black game continues - opponent has two shots.

UK pool is played on a smaller table with smaller pockets.

I think 9ball US pool is way more fun.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
e.g. first of two shots you can hit ANY ball (your free shot) and are permitted if you choose to pot an opponents ball that may be blocking a shot for you - no foul.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never heard of this one before, but I've only played UK 8 ball a few times so I'll take your word for it.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:17 PM

i think you meant i.e. instead of e.g.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nothings more fun than getting someone's stupid ploy f'ed up when you do this...that or learn how to masse it straight back...but thats a little harder....

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the ball's on a side rail, I've always liked bumping the cue off one of the side pocket tips [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The old nipple shot, my favorite..
Old 03-25-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think you meant i.e. instead of e.g.

[/ QUOTE ]

apologies - my latin is very rusty. abusus non tollit usum. (qed)

gratias ago vos pro rectus meus lacuna, vos saeta scindo culus.

caveat lector - and all that.