Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Staking arrangement details, advice needed...

[ QUOTE ]
Hypothetically

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
hypothetical

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-04-2007, 12:35 PM

The reason I'm asking is because these things usually end friendships. One or both parties are delusional about the possibilities and then when reality doesn't match the dream the friendship gets torpedoed.

$1250 is not real money. This is esp true when you start valuing your time (even hypothetically) at $75hr. So this is the first sign that something isn't adding up. My opinion is that you are probably going to end up with less money then you started with and a lot of drama / harm to the friendship.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hypothetically

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
hypothetical

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it hypothetical then why bother..If it's hypothetical you still need to address concern and questions when you ask for help.."Hiding" behind "hypothetical" gets nothing accomplished..

What this look like is you have a "winning" friend and OP is looking for a way to "stake" him in order to make money off said friend as he processes...

In your "hypothetical" charging your friend $300 would be insane...Since you are charging the "staker" for your coaching time how about if the staker charges you $10/hr he plays???? Seems far to me...

You may find it better and easier if you start over and tell us exactly what you are looking to accomplish and the details????
Old 10-04-2007, 01:02 PM

I am looking to be staked and coached but don't want to be fully staked because this would seriously reduce my potential earning power over the long-term. The staking would last 300k+ hands so I cant tie myself into a deal where I am playing for only 50% of profits.

However I feel I would earn more, faster if I got the staking (move up stakes) coaching (become a better player).

I was wanting to see what a good deal would be for a staker who is doing this rather than just from my point of view.

Any thoughts? Advice? FWIW I am not great friends with the staker but he staked me before and it was easy and went superbly.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:20 PM

Anyone with half a brain is going to realize staking you isn't a good idea. So right off the bat you know the individual who agrees to this is not that bright. That being the case they will also agree to unfavourable terms since we already established they have bad judgement.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:24 PM

Only having to post 1/2 the $$ and getting 1/2 the profits is a pretty good deal for the staker. So much so it might be worth staying at NL $50 for 100% of the profit and just paying for some lessons one at a time.
If the lessons are that great and only available if you are staked then it's worth entering into a limited time arrangement at the above rate to be adjusted on the consent of the 2 parties after a set period.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone with half a brain is going to realize staking you isn't a good idea. So right off the bat you know the individual who agrees to this is not that bright. That being the case they will also agree to unfavourable terms since we already established they have bad judgement.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. Oh how wrong you are.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:54 PM

You are looking for $1250 or were those numbers just hypothetical?
Old 10-04-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are looking for $1250 or were those numbers just hypothetical?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please go increase your post count elsewhere. You bring nothing to this thread. Even if I told you who was staking me it is apparent you have no idea how the forum works and therefore will have no idea who the well established poster and individual are.

Your post count means jack all too, so don't bother ruining the forums with pointless/uninformative responses.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:00 PM

I'm hardly trying to raise my post count. I'm trying to figure out how you reconcile needing $1250 in stake money while maintaining you are a good poker player.