Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 08:25 PM

Default I is a station.

I got sick of all the nitty FR games, so I thought I'd try some 6 max. My session can be summed up like so: [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Villian was 54/10/.8 over 122 hands. Obv I didn't find out how these numbers apply to 6m, so I disregarded them. My own read was that he was pretty loose, and would make weird stabs at pots when a hand didn't play out right. He had 3-bet from the button a few times, then folded to aggression on the flop or turn. He'd also done a couple c/r bluffs, once folding to a 3-bet, and once c/f'ing a blank river. Imagine Jamie Gold playing LHE, and you're kind of close.

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.50/$1
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">hero raises</font>, 3 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.5SB, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, hero calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.25BB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 7.25BB
Old 08-19-2007, 08:45 PM

Default Re: I is a station.

I'd just fold the river, not many hands you beat, he might be accidentally bluffing with a better hand. I'd keep him honest with AK, now at least we beat all bluffing hands.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:00 PM

OK he's loose PF. Even so he beats you if he holds any one of ~15 remaining cards that are an ace or pair the board. And he beats you with any pocket pair. He likes his hand well enough to donk into your PF raise.

According to his stats he calls about 5 times for every 4 times he bets or raises. So he is not usually very aggro post flop

Given his donk bet are we ahead on the turn + draw out from the turn more than 1 in 5? I doubt it. Do we win on the river more than 1 in 7. I really doubt it.

We could fold this turn easily. We could fold this river definitely. It may be "six max" but drawing odds/pot odds apply.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We could fold this turn easily. We could fold this river definitely. It may be "six max" but drawing odds/pot odds apply.

[/ QUOTE ]
2 overs &amp; a GS I wouldn't fold turn, he's most likely to have a T or a pp or even a 3. If he's got a 3 (as long he doesn't have A3) we have an extra 3 hidden outs.

It is also possible he's bluffing the turn with a draw ie 98.

FWIW I'd fold the river.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:16 PM

Im not folding oc and an oesd on the turn especially with the scarecard in a hu battle. Though im always folding the river.
Old 08-19-2007, 09:19 PM

You and Gib are absolutely right. I somehow missed the straight draw.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:17 PM

I call the turn, but not the river. Even if he has ace high or 55 or something and is trying to push you off a better hand by repping a J, he's still ahead.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:06 PM

:g:

if you intend to call river you should raise the turn for a free showdown. You have tons of outs, you migt fold a better hand and since you intend to call the river you expect to have at least some showdown value UI
Old 08-19-2007, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
:g:

if you intend to call river you should raise the turn for a free showdown. You have tons of outs, you migt fold a better hand and since you intend to call the river you expect to have at least some showdown value UI

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't like this plan in this case. Partly because Villain has a history of check/raising as a bluff on the turn, but we don't know if he donks as bluffs. I think that makes it more likely he's not screwing around here. Getting 3-bet here would not be fun. If we had fewer outs, then I wouldn't mind as much because we wouldn't have to call the 3-bet.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:09 AM

*grunch from the cheap seats

odds are not there in my opinion to call the turn. I try and remember moves these guys make like this and then counter the next time I run into this occasion with the opponent again.

I find these guys pay off way more than I do so I don't mind folding situations where I may be dominated even if I hit my straight.