Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Hand you couldn\'t possibly begin to understand

he's got 375 chips because he lost a huge pot the hand previous, duh
Old 10-03-2007, 06:29 PM

Funniest post I've ever read on 2P2. Can't stop laughing.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:20 PM

I can't read this post without hearing it in the voice of Dane Cook.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:31 AM

"Look at him. He LOVES it."
Old 10-04-2007, 04:48 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA
Old 10-04-2007, 05:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this is some parody of a Zeejustin post but I'm still going to reply to it.

Odd that you have 375 after the blinds have passed you but the only reason I can explain that is if there was crazy action infront of you while you were in the small blind and big blind. And since the deepstacks have very little incentive to attack you at the small blind or big blind, I assume you put them on a big hand when you were dealt junk to absolute junk in the blinds.
The previous statement also has to be predicated by the fact that you're either on the bubble or in the final table for that matter. I'm also going to assume you took a massive hit an orbit or two prior to this hand, possibly even UTG prior to the blinds. Maybe your thought process is that since you stand absolutely no chance of making your stack grow exponentially , you're waiting for someone to get knocked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

...what?
Old 10-04-2007, 09:50 AM

Clearly theres something going on here so much bigger then poker.

"Hero" certainly sees and understands this and is trying to decipher the exact situation and the next actions. So lets look at the facts - the UTG raise with a pink yankee cap on clearly is a signal to his partner for the next stage of this effort. And everyone knows that grabbing the leg instead of the thigh signals which precise plan to take. So we know we have one "villain", but who's his accomplice?

Then the asian lady min raised!!!! Man, if thats not a response to the signal i dont what it could be. She's clearly acknowledging the signal and her participation in the plan.

Now the tricky part - the white dude folded!! that either means he's acknowledging as well, he's the counter-terrorist or absolutely nothing.

And for god sake "hero" (is that just a coincidence in naming, I think not), gets dealt red kings, not aces, not a red and black king, but two red kings. Certainly the dealer knows whats going on and is signaling to "Hero" that he's part of the plan to thwart utg and the asian lady.

Unfortunately, the story ended prematurely. We need to know what UTGs action was to fully understand the magnitude and timing of this clearly horrendous plan. But alas, I suppose this is a cliff hanger we may never know or fully comprehend
Old 10-04-2007, 12:50 PM

She kissed her religious symbol? There's no way you can call after voodoo has been invoked. Even though she clearly has QJo, she's going to flop the ISD with AsTd2c and hit one of her two outs on the river. Honestly, Mammon is personally watching this hand. Good fold!

There's something I'm missing here, though. What's your good luck charm? There's no way you should be buying into a $10000 event without a moldy chicklet or a stuffed animal or a set of some dead guy's false teeth (or all three for the trinity). You might as well just burn your money in front of a homeless dude.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:03 PM

But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:30 PM

The black dude picked up the leg not the thigh because he wants to eat with one hand so that he can call/re-raise any raiser without getting grease on the chips. Therefore he has QQ+.

Commercial real estate dudes tend to be masters of tells and this one folded because he figured the black guy out.

Old Asian ladies are tight as hell would never re-raise a 10x UTG raiser without KK+. She min-raises because she wants to trap and felt him because she dissaproves of interracial dating. You have KK so she most likely has AA+.

So, you folded KK to the Asian lady's AA.