Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: Admo wants a 10K MsPaint Yo - prop bet

[ QUOTE ]
hra -

There were problems with gimmick accounts voting in the radio box poles in OOT for a lot of the OOT survivors. Those were pretty big and gimmick account were definitely strong enough to affect the outcome.

Say there's 1000 votes. It would only take a 100 to sway the results 10%. That's like an extra few hours of work for (possibly) $10k. I'm not saying admo or anyone else WOULD do that, but after all the shady BBV scamming I wouldn't put my trust in anyone I didn't know personally if I were one of the participants.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just gotta have requirements for the people voting so it doesn't get taken advantage of. Must have registered by xxxx date. Must have xxxx amount of posts. etc...

this only works if the votes are by PM of course.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Admo's work looks too good and I am almost positive he uses photoshop.

[/ QUOTE ]......almost?

wow

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it is a 10k Photoshop Yo not an MSPAINT.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Admo's work looks too good and I am almost positive he uses photoshop.

[/ QUOTE ]......almost?

wow

[/ QUOTE ]

Then it is a 10k Photoshop Yo not an MSPAINT.

[/ QUOTE ]his past works were photoshop and now this is an mspaint battle. what makes that hard to understand? probably the same thing that only makes you "almost" certain that admo was using photoshop before.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:52 PM

I think it would be cool to have it as best of 7 'rounds' with each round having a different theme and each contestant needs to make an MSP on that theme. For example:

Round 1 - Doctored film poster
Round 2 - Doctored poker table photo
Round 3 - Doctored 'other' photo
Round 4 - Brandi theme
Round 5 - Bonomo theme
Round 6 - Household name theme (must poke fun at a 'household name' poker player)
Round 7 - Freestyle

The rounds could be posted every other day or something and obviously the first person to 4 'points' wins.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:59 PM

enough bickering about the details, guys. If they agree to a cash amount, we can work out the details after that is agreed on.

Here's the latest round of negotiations.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Penn,

Can't lay you 8-5. 10k at 7-6?

Or 10k at even money and you get to pick whether we Paint, Photoshop, paint/shop combo, etc.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was looking at the deal the other guy offered in the other thread, I hadn't seen yours here. Sorry, not quite ballin' enough to take you up on a 10k bet. I'm a 1/2 grinder and that's like a month's winnings, although if there were interested backers I'd be open to hearing from them. That being said, I'm not sure if I'd take the bet with the new terms even if I could absorb the variance.

Here's my suggesttion to the two, which is a sort of middle ground bet.

Pennpal and admo,

how about pennpal puts up 2K and admo puts up 2.5K or 2.75K?

Pennpal's BR is not quite as trashed, and the odds are either 5:4 or 11:8, which is between 8-5 and 7-6.

Would this bet be acceptable to you guys?
Old 07-09-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's my suggesttion to the two, which is a sort of middle ground bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get it. Why are you in the middle of this?

From your OP:

"Admo wants to MSPaint vs. someone for 10K."

This sounds like I'm actively looking to put a bet together. I merely responded to a post, and offered bets to two posters. If it doesn't happen, meh. Most props don't.

How did this warrant a new thread filled with drama and rules and you assuming the role of negotiator?

"You could probably go lower..."

You can't.

"...if you were not quite baller enough, but we are really aiming for a 10K MsPaint Yo!"

Who is we?

"I've agreed to be the image holder and poster..."

Who did you agree with?

"...and we might need an escrow for the cash."

There we are again!

"But basically, it seems like admo is willing to take all comers, and even give some people odds."

Sure, why not. Let's lay everyone 10-1.

Then there's a litany of rules and more rules ad infinitum...

To the casual reader it would appear that this thread was my idea and that you are... what? Shilling for me? Hustling marks? I dunno.

Look, I know you badly want to see someone get hurt betting on paint... heck we ALL do. But as a lifelong prop bettor, I can assure you that meddling with a line in a bet you're not involved in will (i) annoy whoever's equity you just volunteered away, and (ii) ensure the bet will get called off. Like the man says, too many cooks spoil the mojo.

If anyone wants to propose a bet, just say so or PM and we'll agree on a price... or we won't. That simple.

LaPoker: let's chat after the ME, things get busy again starting tomorrow. Let me know who you have in mind to paint, and we'll set a good line. You're a smart cookie, so I'll prob ask you to lay at least a small price.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:36 PM

hey, no offense intended admo. I just thought it would be cool as hell to have this go down, and tried to drum up some support when it looked like it might happen. If I was too aggressive, my bad. Hopefully nobody got their feelings hurt by a couple of posts on the internet about program 3rd graders use. Best of luck to you,

danny