Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 01:49 AM

Default NL400: Huge draw gets there vs fish, but now I\'m scared

After talking with Pasterbator on this hand, he told me to post it. Villian is typical 60/5 retard. He hasn't gotten too frisky with raising so I'm considering his preflop min rr is a legit hand. Maybe not just KK/AA but you get the idea. I've been playing BALLS TO THE WALL LAG (Like 20/17 lol) but haven't really tangled with him too much. Just raising his limps and ish

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $200.45
BB: $358.85
UTG: $403.20
MP: $552.50
<font color="black">Hero (CO): $480.40</font>
BTN: $401.85

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16.00</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $30.00</font>, Hero calls $14.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($62) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $30.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $90.00</font>, BB calls $60.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($242) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, Hero checks

<font color="black">River:</font> ($242) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks

Pot Size: $242.00

I raised the flop since I obviously have a gianormous draw, but lots of people have commented on just calling the flop. I feel like a lot of cards that hit my draw will kill my action, but then again this is a retard so he's probably never going to fold a set in a 3bet pot maybe not even two pair. I end up hitting an out on the turn, I think, but it's pretty much one of the worst cards that I could've hit. AJ/AQ/JJ/QQ/AA just boated up, but his river play confuses me. I don't see him checking a boat to me on the river, but then again he might be scared with something like AJ/JJ and call anyways if I shove the river.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:55 AM

Default Re: NL400: Huge draw gets there vs fish, but now I\'m scared

lol checking back here is crime ever hear of bet/folding???
Old 05-14-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol checking back here is crime ever hear of bet/folding???

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL EVER HEAR OF VILLIAN HAS LESS THAN A PSB LEFT?

OH YEAH BET 150 FOLD FOR 80 MORE SHIIIIP IT
Old 05-14-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this is a retard so he's probably never going to fold a set in a 3bet pot

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
Old 05-14-2007, 02:04 AM

He just min reraised you preflop then cbet on an AQJ board meaning that the donk almost always has a strong hand, or at least something he thinks is good enough to call a raise with. On the flop I check it since a raise is rarely getting a fold and often times you aren't ahead by much.

On the river you have to value bet. The guy is terrible and could have lots of hands other than a boat that he will still pay you off with. For all that you know he will call with KK, AT, A2, KQ, etc because hes too bad to fold them. Who knows what the moron will pay you off with. Yes sometimes you will be betting into a slowplayed boat but probably not nearly often enough to turn a value bet -EV.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:26 AM

Hope this is a fake OP.

If not, shove this since you're pretty much holding the stone cold nuts in this spot and will get paid by lot of worse hands.