Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: ***Official Sopranos Next To Last Episode Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't read this thread but let me just get this off my chest:

MY GIRLFRIEND CANCELED THE SOPRANOS RECORDING FOR A DOCUMENTARY ON [censored] STAR WARS!!! SO [censored] PISSED OFF RIGHT NOW!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

only have to wait 2hrs for the west coast airing
Old 06-03-2007, 10:21 PM

I think this could be a good call. Patsy was real upset with Tony a few seasons ago because he had his twin brother whacked. He pissed in Tony's pool while the Feds were installing the wiretap in the lamp in the basement. Also. . .Paulie has also shown some allegiance to the NY crew. Remember it was him who tipped off Johnny Sac to Ralphie's joke about the mole on Jenny Sac's ass. So. . .are the only people left around Tony people who have divided loyalties between Tony and the New York crew?
Old 06-03-2007, 10:22 PM

i think paulie is going to take out tony and become the new boss in jersey ,

he always had aspirations of going to NY , he thought tony was going take him out earlier in the season,

but this is too obvious knowing how david chase likes to mix it up ....
Old 06-03-2007, 10:41 PM

some interesting stuff:

- another malapropism, at the beginning of the episode - phil said something like 'a couple of three'. felt even more forced than usual.

- the dinner scene with melfi felt very forced. i understand why it was done, but nothing about it felt real.

- the magazine tony tore up was called 'departures'. nice touch.

- I wonder what we're supposed to make of Tony's glance at the computer after he's just thrown AJ on the floor - he dismissed AJ's interest, but was it because of his hatred for the Feds and the whole Ahmed thing, or because he thinks these things are ultimately unimportant?

- Tony really has no crew left to speak of. He's got Paulie, whose loyalty is suspect. He's got a few other guys, but he can't rely on any of them. It's pretty obvious he's going to lose this war - or that he's already lost.

- I wonder who was calling Bobby while he was inside the train store - the camera shot from inside his car has his cell phone ringing.

- I know this gets asked in every thread, and it's even harder this week - does anyone have *any* idea what the music over tonight's credits was?
Old 06-03-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- I wonder who was calling Bobby while he was inside the train store - the camera shot from inside his car has his cell phone ringing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty obvious this was Sil calling to warn him to be extra careful.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:45 PM

Switching to the spanish version on HBO- Latino was the only thing that got me through the first half of this episode. AJ's story line makes me cringe everytime. They needed to replace that whinney kid after season 5 - straight up Rome II style. Back to Sopranos, the second half was markedly better. The battles and killing along with the allusion to Scarface made for some good TV, I mean HBO.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured it was Sil calling to warn him.

I can't believe this show is over.

Tony appears to be [censored].
Old 06-03-2007, 10:49 PM

One other minor detail that Triumph failed to expound upon....the song that was playing during the first scene with the Bada Bing Dancers was "The End" by the Doors. A song that usually doesn't get played in strip clubs, not overly dancey to say the least. When I heard that song I had a premonition someone important was getting it in that episode.

--Scott

[ QUOTE ]

- Tony really has no crew left to speak of. He's got Paulie, whose loyalty is suspect. He's got a few other guys, but he can't rely on any of them. It's pretty obvious he's going to lose this war - or that he's already lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true, but don't forget the wounded and cornered cat situation. They know that they are hurting, but are probably more dangerous then before. Let us also not forget that Phil isn't exactly the most loved Boss. Many view him as a prick, and Tony still has a lot of powerful friends that aren't fans of the situation. I think that Carmine Luperatzzi still has a role to play here as he was visibly disgusted with how Phil treated him and Tony at Phil's home

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the previous scene I believe Tony is telling Sylvio to warn everybody about NY so I assume thats who was trying to call him.