Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 02:45 AM

Default Re: AC in America

"You got a real attitude problem, McFly." ~Mr. Strickland
Old 11-17-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Except that the Cindy Crawford/reach for unattainable ideals thing applies way more to statism than to AC. Cute try though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You (and others here) would do much more for your cause if you didn't dogmatically defend every aspect of your politics to the point that your position becomes absurd.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:05 AM

So let's recap. I make a joke about ACers' feelings for AC being similar to a horny teenager's feelings of sex (ha ha good one!), you (annoyingly, and wrongly) decide to respond to it with an odd suggestion that ACism is based on "ideals." I state my disagreement, and that's therefore dogmatic?

I think it's pretty obvious that statism's practices are of an idealistic mindset. The idea that you can effectively solve a problem with a centralized solution is innately idealistic. It values and seeks an outcome that one is not necessarily willing nor capable of paying for (rather than the outcome of however the pieces may naturally fall). If you weren't so dazed by the status quo you might agree with me. But it's not even important who's right about that.

The fact is, AC (contrary to what it seems you are suggesting) does not claim that life will be perfect and humans will [censored] gold coins. It's merely the belief that problems will be solved more efficiently in the absence of centralized planning. And again, it doesn't even matter who's right about that as it relates to your post above. Believing this argument to be the case qualifies as "dogmatically defending every aspect of my politics"?? Bizarre.

What if I believed that when Roger Clemens throws a pitch his arm will be fatigued? If other people claimed there were actually pitches he could throw that would re-energize his arm, would I have to be "dogmatic" to disagree with them?

There is no point to this anyways. I don't know what you think you're accomplishing, but posts like this (which have nothing to do with the substance of what's actually being discussed, but instead are just a random and deliberate ad hominem against a general ideology) are really lame. What exactly are you trying to say? I'd be happy to discuss it further if you actually have a point you're trying to make, but if you're just trying to troll AC, be a pal and let me know.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:10 AM

[quoteThe fact is, AC (contrary to what it seems you are suggesting) does not claim that life will be perfect and humans will [censored] gold coins. It's merely the belief that problems will be solved more efficiently in the absence of centralized planning.

[/ QUOTE ]

2-3% of the population are batshit insane, paranoia, schizophrenia and people who go mental after taking drugs are a big problem. How do AC deal with them?
Old 11-17-2007, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The fact is, AC (contrary to what it seems you are suggesting) does not claim that life will be perfect and humans will [censored] gold coins. It's merely the belief that problems will be solved more efficiently in the absence of centralized planning.

[/ QUOTE ]

2-3% of the population are batshit insane, paranoia, schizophrenia and people who go mental after taking drugs are a big problem. How do AC deal with them?

[/ QUOTE ]

This really depends on what actual problem their sickness leads to.

But whatever the problem, in a state solution X is chosen. If it doesn't work out the way it is supposed to, it takes a long time to make the necessary adjustments or even try a completely different solution.

In a free market, the solutions A, B, C, and X are proposed and those that work stay in business, while those that don't go out of business. Later on, if new technologies offer new solutions, the market will quickly adapt and offer them, without having to pass a long and tedious process of gaining democratic approval and being executed by a bloated, inefficient bureaucracy.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:55 AM

I did not talk about the market, I was taling about the poeple that are deviant mother [censored]. They do not care about A, B, C or anything, they are out of any understanding of how things work. They will steal, kill, rape, bug you, spit on you and so on no matter what system you have, because unfortunatly not 100% of human beings are sensible.

How do AC deal with the extremes of society? There is no law enforcement to take care of them, so are we supposed to just shoot them all? Of put them in a prison that noone are likely to want to fund?

And Im just talking about the 2% of humans that are certified insane, what about the 5% that are unable to succumb to any system and who will steal, disrupt order and so on just because they feel like it? Is there automatically a group of rich samitarians that will take care of those people?

I can honestly say that there have been instances where I have been tempted to steal from a store, and the only ting that kept me from doing so was the understanding that if I got caught by the cops I would be in big trouble. In AC-land there are no cops, so whats keeping me from stealing? My honesty? No way.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:58 AM

About 2% of a large populace will have sociopathic traits (it doesn't really have that name anymore, but what the hell). And that is as far as I know a a modest estimate.

Many of those (not all) should be a major concern.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I did not talk about the market, I was taling about the poeple that are deviant mother [censored]. They do not care about A, B, C or anything, they are out of any understanding of how things work. They will steal, kill, rape, bug you, spit on you and so on no matter what system you have, because unfortunatly not 100% of human beings are sensible.

How do AC deal with the extremes of society? There is no law enforcement to take care of them, so are we supposed to just shoot them all? Of put them in a prison that noone are likely to want to fund?

And Im just talking about the 2% of humans that are certified insane, what about the 5% that are unable to succumb to any system and who will steal, disrupt order and so on just because they feel like it? Is there automatically a group of rich samitarians that will take care of those people?

I can honestly say that there have been instances where I have been tempted to steal from a store, and the only ting that kept me from doing so was the understanding that if I got caught by the cops I would be in big trouble. In AC-land there are no cops, so whats keeping me from stealing? My honesty? No way.

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you think there wouldn't be cops in ac lands?
Old 11-17-2007, 08:03 AM

I was under the understading that AC-land did not have a central organization (government) that had an agency/group that could enforce the laws (if any?) of AC-land.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was under the understading that AC-land did not have a central organization (government) that had an agency/group that could enforce the laws (if any?) of AC-land.

[/ QUOTE ]

But people can still enforce laws on their property, and everything will be owned. Do you think there is a market for private law enforcement?