Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2007, 02:05 AM

Default $200: Checking turned nuts vs regular on 2 streets after cbetting

Villian is a solid winning player playing very tag early. He definitely makes his living from sngs and we play dozens of games together daily. He should know I am not making it 260 OOP over 3 limpers without a big hand, and I would also be suprised if he was limp/calling button pf with a big hand. It would certainly be news to me if he was limping KK or AA pf, my range for him was TT, AJs or AQo after he calls the flop. I dont see any way he can have a diamond flush smoothcalling on the flop, as I dont put a hand like 89d anywhere near his range. He might limp it pf after limpers, but I doubt he calls a raise, and I doubt he just flats the flop. Ax Jd is a possibility, but I think he would bet turn or river here with it. My plan was to check smooth turn/lead river or checkraise river if he checked behind on the turn. I dont think any worse hands call if I lead, and I didnt mind checking the river to induce a bluff. I dont see him as the type to bluff spew in level 1, but you never know. I also saw a river CR as having metagame potential - it may prevent him bluffing or vbetting me thin in the future if he remembers a CRAI here. I also dont mind him checking behind so I can see what hes limp calling me with lvl1 pf and then f latting me with on the flop. What do yous guys think? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t20/t40
10 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t2560
UTG+1: t2020
UTG+2: t2820
MP1: t2000
MP2: t1980
MP3: t860
CO: t1860
Button: t1940
Hero: t1960
BB: t2000

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t40 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t60)</font>, 3 folds, MP3 calls t40 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t100)</font>, CO folds, Button calls t40 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t140)</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t260</font>, 3 folds, Button calls t220 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t400)</font>.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t640, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t240</font>, Button calls t240 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t880)</font>.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t1120, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t1120, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

Results:
Final pot: t1120