Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: For Americans: Does it embarrass you that George Bush is Presiden

Embarassed, but not in the acute way I was embarassed about Reagan, and not in the panicked way I would have been had Quayle made it. By now I'm kind of numb to the whole thing and have accepted its inevitability.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:23 PM

I'm embarrassed that 25% of the country thinks he's doing a good job. I'm also annoyed with what he has done to the USA's image and world standing. He like his father will be left to be judged by history as an complete failure...and I imagine he'll be much worse off than the first Bush.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well GWB is president. So I have to therefore assume he is one of the smartest Americans and that 99% of other americans are dumber than him. Its only logical.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm one of the 99% dumber I guess, so I feel justified that my only reaction here is [censored] off and go back to politics, douchebag.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:54 PM

Okay, let's cool it a bit. I'm finding this pretty interesting, and seeing quite a polar reaction here.

Cut out the rude and the reactionary rude please.

I'm leaving the previous stuff untouched as I realised I started this somewhat controversial thread so I can't expect the responses to be too dainty, but I'm gonna delete any more plain rudeness and asshattery after this point.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:00 PM

Absolutely embarrassed.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm embarrassed that 25% of the country thinks he's doing a good job. I'm also annoyed with what he has done to the USA's image and world standing. He like his father will be left to be judged by history as an complete failure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't have said it better.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Well GWB is president. So I have to therefore assume he is one of the smartest Americans and that 99% of other americans are dumber than him. Its only logical.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm one of the 99% dumber I guess, so I feel justified that my only reaction here is [censored] off and go back to politics, douchebag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Darn I had you down as one of the 1%. My mistake.
Old 06-17-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sorry, I should have said. I'm English.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you embarrassed about Tony Blair?

[/ QUOTE ]

mostly. It's more irritating than embarrassing though - he seems to present himself on the world stage as a world saviour without actually doing anything useful in the UK.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just wrote a pretty long post on my Blair thoughts (to an extent I am pro Blair) then I realized that it would have been a complete derail and made the thread too politicsy, talking politics on the intertubes is like having a game of 'punch yourself in the balls'.
If we stay on topic however this could be an interesting thread
Old 06-17-2007, 07:35 PM

I think americans should be embarrassed by Bush. for most of the usual reasons states scuh as iraq, his lack of vocabulary and how he corrupts government...

but... most are not and will refuse to be embarrassed. it's like so crazy national pride that refuses to look at their country/president from the p.o.v of another country/person..

i know that USA's President is seen as more important than the UK's Prime Minister because you don't have a Royal family. you know.. he is your only leader and real representative to the rest of the world....

so this brings blind loyalty imo. and perhaps it is seen an unacceptable among the people you mix with to criticise Bush...

but saying that... obv most realise that a huge % of Americans didn't vote.... and a huge % of those that did didn't vote for him.... so no - we don't assume you all worship and support him.

Blair - most dislike him. most Labour voters dislike him. he's leaving in a few weeks....
Old 06-17-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Darn I had you down as one of the 1%. My mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it's 'dumber than he'. So I guess I am smarter than you, how about that.
Closed Thread