Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2007, 03:28 AM

Default razz: river check raise?

Given the action, I figured that my opponent might have made a 6 low on 6th but been afraid to raise into my 3 wheel cards. Seems like I should CR 7th with my wheel?

Razz ($0.50/$1), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.15 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 4: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (9.90 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

5th Street - (9.45 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls

6th Street - (18.45 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

River - (20.45 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___
Hero: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___???
Old 07-06-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Re: razz: river check raise?

Or maybe he's paired up or sucks at poker or something. I'd bet and hope he raises.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:08 PM

Huge pot, he's calling with a lot of hands that he would be ecstatic to take a free showdown with. A lead bet will get much more value from those hands than you will by getting 2 bets from an unlikely 6 (and remember, some percentage of the time he'll raise your lead bet with his 6, and you'll collect 3 bets instead of 2).
Old 07-07-2007, 09:59 AM

Bless seat 6
Old 07-08-2007, 06:04 PM

given the strength you've shown so far, i think he's taking a free showdown with most everything you beat, and betting all of the hands you dont, and a few that you do. so i'd just valuebet again, and call a raise. also, i think he's never bluffing here.

to put it in primitive graph form, where the nuts are the left and quads on the right (not to scale of course):

|------X----------------------------------|
|bbbbbbbbbbccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc|

the bottom one is his range, he bets 'b' and checks 'c'. but he calls pretty much everything.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:55 AM

This is a terrible spot for a river c/r IMO.