Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 10:32 PM

Default UB payout situation

So for whatever reason Bodog won't allow RB to be put into your Bodog account anymore, and my affiliate gave me the choice of being paid into UB or two other sites. I don't have accounts at any of them.

So I signed up for an account with UB, the guy sent me the transfer and I requested a check. I got a confirmation e-mail with no useful details. Three days later I check my UB account and the money is still there, no apparent record of my cashout request. Does anyone have experience with UB checks, is this standard? I'm hoping they haven't just halted payouts in anticipation of closing down because of the Absolute fiasco.

FWIW I'm talking about less than $300, no big deal but still..
Old 10-25-2007, 11:07 PM

Default Re: UB payout situation

Things would have to get really bad for UB to shut down. The number of players is indistinguishable from before the AP scandal. I have never requested a pay out by check, but their epassporte cashouts are working as they always did, which is fine, about 24 hours. Even Absolute has over 19,000 players right now. Hasn't seemed to have had much impact yet. If anything, there are more players today than there were in early August, which could be a seasonal fluctuation.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So for whatever reason Bodog won't allow RB to be put into your Bodog account anymore, and my affiliate gave me the choice of being paid into UB or two other sites. I don't have accounts at any of them.

So I signed up for an account with UB, the guy sent me the transfer and I requested a check. I got a confirmation e-mail with no useful details. Three days later I check my UB account and the money is still there, no apparent record of my cashout request. Does anyone have experience with UB checks, is this standard? I'm hoping they haven't just halted payouts in anticipation of closing down because of the Absolute fiasco.

[/ QUOTE ]

UB (or any other room) isn't going to allow you to use their site as a money transfer service.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, are you serious? You can't just use a poker site to transfer money around without playing. Not sure why your request doesn't show up, but you're going to have to play at least a little bit before you can cash out a transfer. Also, ePass is definitely the way to go for UB cashouts. FWIW, my most recent ePass cashout request at UB (today) was processed and in my ePass account within two hours.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uh, are you serious? You can't just use a poker site to transfer money around without playing. Not sure why your request doesn't show up, but you're going to have to play at least a little bit before you can cash out a transfer. Also, ePass is definitely the way to go for UB cashouts. FWIW, my most recent ePass cashout request at UB (today) was processed and in my ePass account within two hours.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. The only thing UB can be faulted for here is that they have likely followed one of their inept customer service procedures...probably just went ahead and cancelled your withdrawal without telling you they did it or why. The reason will be because you haven't played at all. You'll need to give some cover play before you can cash out.

As to your likely next question, I doubt anyone can say for certain how much. Just start with what seems like a reasonable amount of play for someone depositing $300, then try again.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:59 PM

I hunted around some more on found a tab for "cancelled payouts", here is the message:

Please be advised that you must have made an initial deposit before we will process a withdrawal. Thank you.

I guess I'll deposit a few bucks, wait a few days and try again. If that doesn't work, I'll play a little small stakes or a donkament or two, and try again.

PS this whole situation is the last straw driving me out of Bodog. I'm going over to Cake Poker to clear that $500 bonus and then "retire" until I find something else that looks promising.