FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: POT FLOP?!
YES 2 18.18%
NO 8 72.73%
BASTARD 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Re: People and things that infuriate you way more than they should

lol @ the venti people. if you don't like it... support a local coffeehouse that still uses small/medium/large.

and "venti" isn't a made up word; apparently it means "twenty" in italian-- and the venti-size drinks are 20 oz.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

ps: do you guys really have problems when you order a "large"? i almost always do because i don't go to starbucks enough to remember which is which and no one's ever given me crap about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't drink coffee, but when I'm traveling, I often go into Starbucks because my company has a wireless account through whatever provider Starbucks has. So I sit in Starbucks and watch the trim come and go. Good stuff.

The fun part of starbucks is when average dude ambles up to the counter and orders a coffee. Yes, they get "You mean xxxx?" when they order a coffee. Old dudes do not, however, get [censored] from the staff. Only middle aged dudes. The best interaction I've seen so far was in Northern Jersey, somewhere between Carlstadt and New York:

[Middle aged guy] Can I get a large coffee, black, two sugars, and I don't want the special blend or the featured grind.

[annoying counter girl] Ohhhhh, if you're just going to get plain coffee, you really should try Zambian Gold Hyachachacha Blend [name might not be totally accurate].

[Middle aged guy] No, I don't want that, I just want a plain large coffee with two sugars. That's all.

[annoying counter girl] You sure? Our Zambian Gold Hyachachacha Blend [name might not be totally accurate] is our best black blend and it's the featured blend this week. It's really yummy!

[Middle aged guy] [censored] this. I'll just [censored] get it at the gas station. Thanks. Thanks a [censored] lot.

[annoying counter girl] Sorry! Thanks for stopping in!
Old 06-27-2007, 01:24 AM

It used to bug me a lot when people would say that "hitler killed six million jews" as though that sums up the entire holocaust. Now I've realized that people either don't know any better or just forget to mention that he also killed millions of communists, homosexuals, gypsies, disabled people, and various political dissidents.

It's sort of like saying that re: sept 11th, that the terrorists killed 400 blacks or whatever, as though the whites and mexicans and jews and arabs, etc. they killed didn't exist. Actually, this would happen somewhat often in the leftist circles I traveled in. People would talk about how the terrorists killed a bunch of blacks, and minorities and working class people, as though THAT'S the reason we should be against terrorism. WOW, just WOW. Some leftists actually think it's acceptable to kill rich people. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2007, 01:25 AM

haha. I love angry guys. They weren't going to give him his two sugars anyway. What does he think this is, Dunkin' Donuts?
Old 06-27-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mosquitos, tailgaters, people who talk during movies, getting called "chief," the movie "Almost Famous", Rachael Ray (even though I'd like to hatefuck her), Rolling Rock and people who claim to like it, people who talk during movies, the fact that the major league baseball season is like 11.5 months long, our cultural fascination with celebrities, made-up words like "venti" and being forced to say them when what I want is obviously a "large," people who bring newborn babies out to restaurants and let them cry for two hours, PC campus liberals, conservatives in general, religion, Robin Williams, and people who talk during movies.

[/ QUOTE ]

When I saw Saw 3 in the theater last year a woman brought her [censored] baby with her (lots of crying) and spoke on her cell phone during the movie (it rang loud and she answered it). She sat right next to me and I wanted to choke her.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When I saw Saw 3 in the theater last year a woman brought her [censored] baby with her (lots of crying) and spoke on her cell phone during the movie (it rang loud and she answered it). She sat right next to me and I wanted to choke her.

[/ QUOTE ]

What'd you do? Cell phones in movie theaters elicit a harsh reaction from me. They get about 10 seconds, in case it's like a death in the family, at which point they get a glare. If they keep talking while I stare at them, they get a very loud "hey, shut the hell up" lol
Old 06-27-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Babysitter?

[/ QUOTE ]

ask the server to seat you elsewhere. If they won't, then go to a different restaurant. OMG, A SOLUTION, NO THAT'S NOT ALLOWED

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to a different restaurant? Because someone doesn't have the good manners to not bring a colicky 6-month-old out on a Friday night?
Old 06-27-2007, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

ps: do you guys really have problems when you order a "large"? i almost always do because i don't go to starbucks enough to remember which is which and no one's ever given me crap about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't drink coffee

[/ QUOTE ]

People that don't drink coffee really, really annoy the [censored] out of me.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What'd you do? Cell phones in movie theaters elicit a harsh reaction from me. They get about 10 seconds, in case it's like a death in the family, at which point they get a glare. If they keep talking while I stare at them, they get a very loud "hey, shut the hell up" lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I just sat there because I'm a little bitch. Plus it would feel weird to see people getting tortured horrendously on a huge, loud screen then turn my head and say "could you silence your baby?"
Old 06-27-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't drink coffee

[/ QUOTE ]

People that don't drink coffee really, really annoy the [censored] out of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if they don't drink soda either?