View Poll Results: POT FLOP?!
YES 2 18.18%
NO 8 72.73%
BASTARD 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: People and things that infuriate you way more than they should

mason,

While I agree with the trite point (I've grown accustomed to saying grande at starbucks), your product comparison is off. It's a size. The products are mocha, cappuccino, coffee, latte, etc etc. If I opened up a coffee shop down the street from you and the sizes were "slap" and "tickle", youd'd be all "wtf?" over it.

It wouldn't be a big deal if you could just get away with saying medium or whatever. Like when you go to a restaurant like Chiles or whatever, and they have some catch phrase name for a bacon cheeseburger, you can still tell the waitress, "bacon cheeseburger, please" and she won't get all confused.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No it's not a [censored] level! Leave your goddamn loud ugly kids with a [censored] babysitter. No one wants to see or listen to them other than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm.....I don't think you get it.

This:

[ QUOTE ]

If you hate ppl for letting their baby cry at the resturant you obviously dont have kids. THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!

[/ QUOTE ]

must have been a joke.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why not just say large though?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they always reply with "Um, do you mean Venti??" which is the most annoying thing ever. I just want the biggest cup there is for the love of god.

[/ QUOTE ]

ha..I'm just gonna say "give me the big cup" next time, cuz I hate that venti crap, too. Another reason Peet's is better than Starbucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

why can't you just say venti? it's the name of their product. venti coffee.

no one orders an "egg sandwich" at mcdonalds, they order an "egg mcmuffin" and no one ever makes a peep about it.

btw this venti/large observation has become about as trite as "HAY PEOPLE THAT ORDER DIET COKE WITH BIG MAC LULZ"

[/ QUOTE ]

I can say "venti" and do. It doesn't mean I don't think Starbucks making up a word to designate a large size b/c they have to call their small coffee "tall" isn't stupid or infuriating. And although it may be trite, it's trite because it's almost universally accepted as being annoying. You do realize the name of this thread is "things that infuriate you way more than they should," right? Someone as unbothered by the small stuff as yourself shouldn't be so bothered by this dumb thread.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:56 AM

kidcolin,

Just admit that you feel gay saying "venti", whereas "Egg McMuffin" has been part of the lexicon since before you and I were born. The next generation will say "venti" without second thought but will feel gay about some other totally new thing.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No it's not a [censored] level! Leave your goddamn loud ugly kids with a [censored] babysitter. No one wants to see or listen to them other than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm.....I don't think you get it.

This:

[ QUOTE ]

If you hate ppl for letting their baby cry at the resturant you obviously dont have kids. THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!

[/ QUOTE ]

must have been a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]
Err, yeah. I gotcha now. Beer + too many years working in restaurants = me flying off the handle.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Babysitter?

[/ QUOTE ]

ask the server to seat you elsewhere. If they won't, then go to a different restaurant. OMG, A SOLUTION, NO THAT'S NOT ALLOWED
Old 06-27-2007, 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone as unbothered by the small stuff as yourself shouldn't be so bothered by this dumb thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

people who get overly pissed off at little things (seriously, not trying to be clever)

[/ QUOTE ]

this thread is my only weakness in the world [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

ps: do you guys really have problems when you order a "large"? i almost always do because i don't go to starbucks enough to remember which is which and no one's ever given me crap about it.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Babysitter?

[/ QUOTE ]

ask the server to seat you elsewhere. If they won't, then go to a different restaurant. OMG, A SOLUTION, NO THAT'S NOT ALLOWED

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not the one crying in the restaurant, ergo I don't move

Also the baby crying thing isn't even my gripe, I don't mind it as long as the parents exhibit some sort of behavior indicating that they are embarrassed / trying to calm the child. I think it's sort of rude to just act like nothing's happening, or yell at the kid or something in a public place.

And obviously the specific restaurant matters... nice place I expect no obnoxious kids. Denny's at 2 am I'm happy to leave without being robbed.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
People who take a product from the shelves and find something better four aisles over, then put original item in the slot that used to house the new item.

It makes me go on mega-monkey life tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find people that will walk back to put something in its right place crazy. These people put me on life tilt! If I was renting a movie with someone and they walked all the way to the back of the store to put something back, i'd be infuriated!

[/ QUOTE ]

Give. it. to. the. cashier.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:03 AM

[censored] up quotes infuriate me.

What

The

[censored]:

[ quote (1) ]Someone as unbothered by the small stuff as yourself shouldn't be so bothered by this dumb thread. [ quote (2) ]

[ quote (3) ]
people who get overly pissed off at little things (seriously, not trying to be clever) [ quote (4) ]

this thread is my only weakness in the world [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

ps: do you guys really have problems when you order a "large"? i almost always do because i don't go to starbucks enough to remember which is which and no one's ever given me crap about it.

-------------------------------
Edited because the only end quote was mine. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]