Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 04:53 PM

Default Poker in Reno vs. South Lake Tahoe

Going to be in the area Aug 29th-Sept 4th (over Labor Day if that makes a difference) and will be within 40 minutes of either Reno or South Lake Tahoe. I know both have poker but I wasn't sure if I should focus on one or the other or spread my time between both places. I prefer to play 1/2 NL up to 5/10 NL. Any thoughts/recommendations greatly appreciated. Take care
Old 07-11-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Poker in Reno vs. South Lake Tahoe

You won't find 5/10 NL. Just go to the Peppermill in Reno for 1/2 and maybe some 2/5 NL.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:50 AM

El Dorado in downtown Reno used to have a 2/3/5 10 to come in uncapped game. No idea if it still runs - I haven't been to Reno since last winter's snowy pot-of-gold.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:41 PM

Was planning to go to Tahoe tomorrow night to check out the action. I haven't been there for awhile and it is summer season so I'm interested to see what is going on. I need a change from Reno anyway,tired of playing with the same people.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I need a change from Reno anyway,tired of playing with the same people.

[/ QUOTE ]
Aren't the weekends good in Reno? It would seem the influx of tourists on the weekends would make the Reno games good, and should see less regulars at the table?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:13 PM

Scott,

Let me know how the trip to Tahoe goes. Someone mentioned a 2/3/5 10 to come in at the El Dorado in Reno. Do they still spread that (would be right up my alley)? Thanks
Old 07-12-2007, 06:48 PM

you wont find games as good as the ones in tahoe. 3-5NL 1000$ cap on the game, I deal it nightly, and its just incredible. Plus people playing in tahoe are generally classy happy people, you just cant go wrong. AND its celebrity golf week in tahoe, so you will prob be playing with Don Cheadle, Roy Green, Niel Lomax, and many others. Renos not bad, but the 3-5-10 at El dorado has some good players in it....theres usually never even 1 in tahoe. my two cents....and im an expert on this specific issue [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] plus there is another ten 2-3 300 cap NL games which are incredibly soft. Tahoe is very +ev, fresh air beautiful women bla bla bla
Old 07-12-2007, 07:04 PM

Games in tahoe are much better plus tahoe is just more fun than reno. I had a hell of a time finding a good NL game in Reno, as tables were short handed and everyone was playing limit. Tahoe had a lot of NL tables at different stakes and most of the players were extremly bad but very happy to gamble gamble gamble.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:06 PM

Thanks for the info Ace,

That sounds like the perfect situation. You mentioned you deal the 3-5NL game nightly. It sounds like its spread every night, is that the case? Also, is it spread during the day or mainly just at night? Thanks again!
Old 07-12-2007, 07:16 PM

generally every night during the summer, but certainly 5 nights a week, (monday and wed its spread 80% of the time, this summer has been slow). You wont be dissapointed all around.