Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 10:07 PM

Default Please Evaluate My Play/Stats (Graph) (LONG)

Hello Guys,

I've been playing online for a month or so with an original deposit of $150 onto FTP. I decided to play at the lowest limits, 10NL, until I had become much better at the game. At first I had a horrible combination of bad play and horrible luck - leaving me nearly busto at $30. Since then, I've been reading books, the forums, watching Cardrunners videos, and playing a ton. My game has improved a TON and I rebuilt up to $250. Graph won't show the crash as I didn't have PT at the time.

However, In the past week and a half or so I've been hovering between 20 and 25 buyins without much change. I'll get a great burst of play that remains independent of my cards (i.e., I'm not winning only at showdowns with best cards), however after reaching the 25 BI mark it'll seemingly doomswitch me back down to about 18-20, where I'll rebuild again. I can't accept that this is bad luck alone.

So, I've decided to let you guys have a look at my info and see if you see anything that seems horribly wrong, along with posting a couple hands that may have been "poorly played". Lets start with PT!

And the graph:

It really seems like I'll win a big pot (30+ BB) and then just siphon my winnings away through calling 3xBB preflop raises with things like SC and other speculative hands. That may not be the main reason for worry though, seeing as those peaks and valleys are fairly steep.

Here's some example hands of what I've been loosing with. These are a couple of my largest net loss hands from PT. I'm also going to post the results since I've already told you that I lost in these! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

----------------------------------------
Hand 1:
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Hold'em Cash Game
$0.05/$0.10 Blinds
6 Players
Lego Poker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($0.15, 6 Players)
Hero raises to $0.30, mikey miz folds, anderbot calls $0.30, slyman26 folds, xX NightWolf Xx folds, Mastro75 folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($0.75, 2 Players)
Hero bets $0.40, anderbot calls $0.40

<font color="black">Turn:</font> 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.55, 2 Players)
Hero bets $0.90, anderbot calls $0.90

<font color="black">River:</font> 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($3.35, 2 Players)
Hero bets $2, anderbot raises all-in to $8.60, Hero calls $6.60

anderbot had A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Sixes) and won (+$8.35)
Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Sixes) and lost (-$10.20)

Pot Size: $20.55 ($2 Rake)

Here I had seen this guy go broke with A2o in a re-raised pot. I was expecting him to have a weak top pair.

Hand 2:
Full Tilt Poker
$0.05/$0.10 Blinds
6 Players

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.15, 6 Players)
Hero calls $0.10, u-n-da-captin folds, catnip4 calls $0.10, herbpervis52 folds, psychicpower calls $0.05, Jenistotle checks

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.40, 4 Players)
psychicpower checks, Jenistotle checks, Hero bets $0.30, catnip4 folds, psychicpower calls $0.30, Jenistotle calls $0.30

<font color="black">Turn:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($1.30, 3 Players)
psychicpower checks, Jenistotle checks, Hero bets $0.50, psychicpower calls $0.50, Jenistotle calls $0.50

<font color="black">River:</font> T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($2.80, 3 Players)
psychicpower checks, Jenistotle checks, Hero bets $1.50, psychicpower raises to $4.60, Jenistotle folds, Hero raises all-in to $8.45, psychicpower calls $3.85

psychicpower had T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (a full house, Tens full of Queens) and won (+$8.40)
Hero had T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Tens) and lost (-$9.35)

Pot Size: $19.70 ($1.95 Rake)

This may be a very poorly played hand by the river, but I was sure he either had two pair or Ace-Face (but not AK) here.

Hand 3: This shows the kinds of plays I'm used to seeing from opponents, and may be related to why I make what seems like poor calls on the river.

Full Tilt Poker
$0.05/$0.10 Blinds
6 Players

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($0.15, 5 Players)
Number3223 raises to $0.50, I Mean Its Like folds, DrNo888 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, clownshoes4u folds, Number3223 calls $1

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($3.10, 2 Players)
Hero bets $2, Number3223 calls $2

<font color="black">Turn:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($7.10, 2 Players)
Hero bets $3, Number3223 raises to $7.60, Hero raises all-in to $13.10, Number3223 calls $5.50

<font color="black">River:</font> 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($33.30, 2 Players - 1 All-In)
No Action

Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a full house, Jacks full of Eights)) and won (+$15.70)
Hero (small blind) showed [Jd Js] and won mucked and won (+$0)
Number3223 had 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Aces and Eights) and lost (-$16.60)

Pot Size: $33.30 ($1 Rake)

I also realize that the posted hands are pretty much cooler/nuts, and I'm not sure what I should be posting to get a better evaluation of myself.

So what do you guys think? What should I do to improve here? I'm certainly dedicated and would follow through with any suggestions here.

Thanks a ton for any help!
Old 03-27-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Please Evaluate My Play/Stats (Graph) (LONG)

more preflop aggression ftw
Old 03-27-2007, 10:25 PM

Actually the hands was fairly helpfull. The KJo and the KTs should preferably be folded from that position. I couldnīt really tell but wait till button/co to open with those kind of hands. Tighten up A LOT oop, loosen up on the button. Your attempt to steal blinds was fairly low, so Iīm going to go with positional awarness as something to work on.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:25 PM

Fold hand one on river.
Call\fold river in hand 2. I'd call but I suck.

People don't C\R the river as a bluff, they have good hands generally. Also, not to be a dick, but none of these are really coolers. In hand one you get it all in on the river with TPGK, and in hand two you admittedly have trips but thats a nasty board. 3betting all in here is a leak IMO.

Also, you're still winning, don't fret. 10k hands isn't a huge sample
Old 03-27-2007, 10:35 PM

I'm not going to be offended in any way by just about anything constructive that people could say here. I realize that they may be weak plays because, at least for now, I am a mediocre player. Yeah, I'm still winning, but it's 10NL and 2PTBB/100 is pretty bad.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:41 PM

if u really wanna learn play mroe than 500 hands a day...the best way to learn is to expereince a lot of different situations IMO...u have 23 days graphed for 10k hands...make it like 1k-2k hands a day while posting confusing hands here and it will help you a lot...btw if you are looking for a person to talk to that is playing same level and looking to work way up PM me for AIM
Old 03-27-2007, 10:50 PM

24/12 is no good for me. You either need to raise more pf to get around 24/20, which is fine. Or you can tighten up and stop limping your limping hands and get to 15/12, which is nitty but still fine for NL10. Or you can do a little of both and get to 20/16. Either way, your PFR should be closer to your VPIP.

I like your agg. factor, way to not be passive. Just about everyone agrees having a pretty high AF is good.

One last thing would be that your VPI-from-SB seems high to me. You are oop, so you REALLY REALLY do not want to be playing marginal hands from out of position. POSITON. it's really important and stuff. Don't play those marginal type hands without it.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:50 PM

Most certainly!

PM Sent!
Old 03-27-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually the hands was fairly helpfull. The KJo and the KTs should preferably be folded from that position. I couldnīt really tell but wait till button/co to open with those kind of hands. Tighten up A LOT oop, loosen up on the button. Your attempt to steal blinds was fairly low, so Iīm going to go with positional awarness as something to work on.

[/ QUOTE ]

AND

[ QUOTE ]
24/12 is no good for me. You either need to raise more pf to get around 24/20, which is fine. Or you can tighten up and stop limping your limping hands and get to 15/12, which is nitty but still fine for NL10. Or you can do a little of both and get to 20/16. Either way, your PFR should be closer to your VPIP.

I like your agg. factor, way to not be passive. Just about everyone agrees having a pretty high AF is good.

One last thing would be that your VPI-from-SB seems high to me. You are oop, so you REALLY REALLY do not want to be playing marginal hands from out of position. POSITON. it's really important and stuff. Don't play those marginal type hands without it.

[/ QUOTE ]

... just about sums it up. Work on this, and watch your winrate increase.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:10 PM

From looking at stats only...To big of a spread between VP$IP and PFR...ATT To Steal Blinds is way to low(lower then your over all VP$IP)..It looks like you are defending your blinds far to much and completing from the SB too often..Take a look at your position stats and see how your VP$IP stats are..As a rough guideline you should be playing twice as many hands from LP as in EP...

Generic assumption from your hands..

-You do not seem positionally aware..Position is key to NL..
-It looks like you OVER VALUE TP..This can cost you big time..Know what hands want big pots a what hands want small pots...This leads into pot control and protection..
-Avoid trap hands..Hands like AT,KJ,QT and others...

I will say you appear to be MILES ahead of your avg beginner..You are WINNING!!! That is no small thing and do not sell it short...You also appear to be very open minded and willing to learn...You are going about learning in the right places..One thing I will caution you about is be carefull with Cardrunner advice at the micro stakes level..Do not get me wromg I love CRs just most of there advice is geared toward higher stakes games and more aware opponents...