Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: Please Evaluate My Play/Stats (Graph) (LONG)

you need to think beyond oppponents hand and start raising more preflop. Maybe get a coach?
Old 03-28-2007, 01:40 AM

TBH you cant really get a clear idea of your play in 10k hands. people have 10k break even stretches. you are up though which is the good thing. whatever you have done so far to make money is good. at 10NL id probably cut back on the number of hands you play. i remember when i played 25NL i was a nitjob, (and have been for teh past 6000 hands >=( ) but it was profitable. the players were weak enough where i didnt have to be uber aggressive. def wasnt OPTIMAL, but playing my style and makin monies was fine even if i was nitty. i beat it for 5 PTBB/100 (def no brag there) playing like 17/7 for 25k hands.

i think you can either cut back on you VPIP or boost up your PFR. the only problem with playing a 22/20 game or so at 25NL or 10 NL is that many of the hands you will need to raise to be more stats driven like this wont get the respck, and people just dont fold at these limits. playing tight and getting value from you hands was my approach to it all.

(also for most of it i didnt have PT, and i didnt get PAHUD until i moved to 50NL so it was much tougher to exploit people, i also one tabled for most of it and did some 2 tabling because it was tough to keep track of how people were playing. i also played full ring when i was at those limits)

as for some of you hands

the first one id rather go for a c/c on the river. its hard to get 3 streets of value out of someone with TPNK unless hes really bad and you have a read that hes gonna pay you off. as for the block bet and he raises, this is the point we need to let go of the hand, again unless hes a spew monkey then you can pay it off.

hand 2 bet more on the turn. you have a monster draw with a par to boot. get as much in as you can there. also i dont push the river. just call his raise, no worse hand is calling u there.

hand 3 you can check this flop. its drawish with hte clubs and has an ace. if you bet and he calls do you really feel you have anyidea where you are in teh hand? as for hitting the boat yeah get it AI =)
Old 03-28-2007, 02:02 AM

I haven't looked thru entire thread yet but at first glance I will say that, you are doing very well for just starting out. I'll dig deeper but if you tigthen up UTG then you will gain a bb/100 right off the top. Good luck and keep up the good attitude. If someone already said this , my bad.
Old 03-28-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Button is in the green ldo [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]You seem to be playing every non blind position the same, which isn't good, you need to be more positionally aware. I play twice as many hands on the button as UTG.

Hands like KJ and KT I fold every time UTG but I'll raise them even after a couple of limpers on the button, same with suited one gappers like T8s, suited aces, suited broadways, none of these are great hands in early position and you can just fold them but they're good hands to raise with in late position (CO and button).

You can see from your results that the button is by far the most profitable position so it makes sense to play more hands from that position whilst only playing premium hands (pairs, AK, AQ, AJ mainly) from early position
Old 03-28-2007, 08:28 PM

I had a very helpful 2+2er who may or may not wish to remain unnamed coach/sweat me last night for a couple hours. His advice greatly improved this major leak of mine.

Thank you sir. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2007, 07:37 PM

UPDATE:

So I took 2+2's suggestions, along with moving to a much fishier site (PokerStars), and while this is a small sample size.....

I'm very happy!

These guys shove with TPNK. I'll be rolled for 50NL in like a week.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:04 PM

hehe don't get over-excited about 200 hands. winnings like that are rare, but yea it is nice when you're up 2 full buyins after 20 minutes.