Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 12:51 AM

Default Re: *** The Official New York Rangers 07/08 Stanly Cup Champs Thread *

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After being quite skeptical about Gomez, that GAS line (Gomez, Avery, Shanny) has been by far the best line. Gomez has looked really good, really creating chances like a good center and looks way better than Drury. And Shanny is finally starting to bury his chances.

When Calahan and Straka come back... Oh baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only problem is who sits and who plays where?

[/ QUOTE ]

They have two wastes of space in Hollweg and Orr. Put Hossa and Calahan between Betts and move Straka up to the first line and you've got 4 legitimate scoring lines a la Buffalo last year.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:48 AM

2 quick observations as I didn't get to see the whole game...great play by Drury on the Prucha goal...the more I see Staal the more impressed I am.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2 quick observations as I didn't get to see the whole game...great play by Drury on the Prucha goal...the more I see Staal the more impressed I am.

[/ QUOTE ]

Staal is a future All-Star
Old 11-16-2007, 02:21 AM

Aal-Star perhaps
Old 11-16-2007, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
After being quite skeptical about Gomez, that GAS line (Gomez, Avery, Shanny) has been by far the best line. Gomez has looked really good, really creating chances like a good center and looks way better than Drury. And Shanny is finally starting to bury his chances.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They have two wastes of space in Hollweg and Orr. Put Hossa and Calahan between Betts and move Straka up to the first line and you've got 4 legitimate scoring lines a la Buffalo last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

They'd be very shortsighted to take both of these guys out of the lineup. Petr Prucha or Marcel Hossa should sit, and one of them should play. Having 4 scoring lines is rather overrated, especially when players like Prucha and Hossa aren't scorers.

edit - looking at stats, Prucha has 1 goal and 3 assists in his last 28 games. How is this guy still getting ice time? Thankfully the Rangers didn't try to upsell on this guy.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Aal-Star perhaps

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They'd be very shortsighted to take both of these guys out of the lineup. Petr Prucha or Marcel Hossa should sit, and one of them should play. Having 4 scoring lines is rather overrated, especially when players like Prucha and Hossa aren't scorers.

edit - looking at stats, Prucha has 1 goal and 3 assists in his last 28 games. How is this guy still getting ice time? Thankfully the Rangers didn't try to upsell on this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, Prucha and Hossa deserve to sit the most and ironically they shot first and third in tonights shootout. But yeah, what if we traded him after he scored 30 goals, people would have thought we were nuts but we'd be laughing now.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:14 AM

I don't know if this has been discussed and is probably a non-story in the USA, but has been a big story in Canada the past couple days. Sean Avery trash talking about Jason Blake's leukemia, maybe the Leafs fan in me is being biased, but I personally think Sean Avery is a classless POS and unlike most guys like that I'm not even sure if I would want him on the Leafs after this.
Old 11-16-2007, 04:36 AM

Hossa is [censored] terrible. I have said it all season and last. Look at the amount of ice time he gets compared to Prucha and look what he does with it. Straka obviously will take his place when he returns.

Prucha is a lot more offensively skilled than Hossa.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if this has been discussed and is probably a non-story in the USA, but has been a big story in Canada the past couple days. Sean Avery trash talking about Jason Blake's leukemia, maybe the Leafs fan in me is being biased, but I personally think Sean Avery is a classless POS and unlike most guys like that I'm not even sure if I would want him on the Leafs after this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jason Blake has said that Avery didn't say anything about his cancer. To find a true POS, well you really don't have to look any farther than your own bench, Tucker.

So let the P'sOS fight it out and keep letting the Toronto media spread rumors to put a bullseye on Avery's head.