Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Laughs or Links!
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Left-Brained or Right-Brained?

[ QUOTE ]
the secret is in her raised leg. if you are picturing her raised leg as her left leg, she's going counter-clockwise. if you're picturing her raised leg as her right leg, she's going clockwise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Her raised leg is her right leg. Anatomically it can't be any other way. Therefore, she's going clockwise.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the secret is in her raised leg. if you are picturing her raised leg as her left leg, she's going counter-clockwise. if you're picturing her raised leg as her right leg, she's going clockwise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Her raised leg is her right leg. Anatomically it can't be any other way. Therefore, she's going clockwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

look at it in a mirror. see if she still spins clockwise.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:19 PM

Wow, that was weird. When I first opened the link she was going counter clock-wise. Then I diverted my eyes to read the text beneath and when I looked back up she was going clock-wise! Then I couldn't get her to go counter clock-wise after that. Still can't.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try this. Sit back from your monitor a few feet and focus on the caption below the dancer. After a moment, her body will sort of zone out of, and it will appear like the leg is just rotating around an oscillating mass. Now, to me, the leg switches directions much more often once I've done this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually saw her going counterclockwise the whole time until this post. I think it's just like a magic eye. I was able to see her go clockwise when I blurred out the image like this suggested... Now I'm able to do it at will, but the default is always counter.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:54 PM

I can absolutely only see her going counter-clockwise. I've tried 5 times now, staring at different areas of the screen, then off the screen, then trying to figure out how she could possibly spin clockwise.

it doesn't work, you're all liars
Old 10-13-2007, 09:51 PM

can alternate when i please. fun to make her just go back and forth.
Old 10-13-2007, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can absolutely only see her going counter-clockwise. I've tried 5 times now, staring at different areas of the screen, then off the screen, then trying to figure out how she could possibly spin clockwise.

it doesn't work, you're all liars

[/ QUOTE ]

Cover up the entire screen except her foot that is on the ground, make sure you can't see the foot that is in the air AT ALL. Use your hands, cardboard, whatever you need to so that you ONLY see the foot she's pivoting on.

Whatever way you see it spinning, imagine it going the other way. Realize that it can actually be going either way but make it go the "other" way with regard to the way you always see it going. Once you see that the foot can go either way and make it go the "other" way, just slowly move your hands or whatever you were using to cover the rest of the screen and her whole body should be going the other way now.

Give that a serious try a few times and I bet it works.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:11 PM

I too could only see her counter clockwise. I can get her to wobble back and forth now when the screen is upside down.
Crazy
Old 10-14-2007, 12:39 AM

[b]this video will help anyone understand who is still baffled. it's all about how you perceive the image.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[b]this video will help anyone understand who is still baffled. it's all about how you perceive the image.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice.